• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The Blade Shop is the worst

Good news all knife arrived today in Great shape. Ordered on Friday and was told it was in stock. Today it was here. Sorry for all those who have had trouble with The Blade Shop.

I ordered a Tom Brown Tracker knife, paid for two day shipping and after 4 days wondered where it was so I looked it up and it said that it was backordered when I called to talk to them they said it would be on backorder forlike a month and a half and I had planned a trip that I was going to bring it with me so I said just cancel the order. my card had not yet been charged so she said it was no problem blah blah. the next day my card was charged and so I thought eh maybe a mistake and it was already in process after 5 days still no credit needed the knife for my trip so I ordered it from Hedgehog Leatherworks paid regular shippinggot it in like 3 days, had it in time for the trip, still no credit to my card from bladeshop. went on my trip got back decided to order a hedgehog leather sheath which takes a month to make got my sheath still no money. the rest of the story is 22-23 phonecalls later and a full 3 months I finally got my money. I have never had any trouble ordering things online in the past till this afterthis I wont buy anything from an online store before I at least do a few searches about them first.By the way since I made mention of them in the story I will finish by saying that Hedgehog Leatherworks probably had the best customer service of anyone or anyplace I have ever purchased anything.

Damn thieves. With all these issues this company shouldn't be in business!

Good luck everyone in getting your stuff or refunds. And I agree with some of the previous posters: if you have been wronged, please make official complaints so this place gets shut down.

Before finding this thread I was looking at their site to make a possible order. Not now! Thanks all.

I love how most of the positive responders here (here being a place where most people have ordered online at least, say, 50 to 100 times) have less than 20 posts total. Sounds dodgy, real dodgy. Incidentally, I'm posting because I have seen the headline of this post for a while but have never crossed paths with the place...until earlier today when they popped up on the first or second page of google. For anyone who doesn't know, that aint cheap. They are spending their time and money gaming search engines instead of even dreaming of being a respectable business...

I love how most of the positive responders here (here being a place where most people have ordered online at least, say, 50 to 100 times) have less than 20 posts total. Sounds dodgy, real dodgy. Incidentally, I'm posting because I have seen the headline of this post for a while but have never crossed paths with the place...until earlier today when they popped up on the first or second page of google. For anyone who doesn't know, that aint cheap. They are spending their time and money gaming search engines instead of even dreaming of being a respectable business...

Maybe you would like a picture of my purchase! Please don't insinuant someone is Lying, when things work out ok.
Ed

Maybe you would like a picture of my purchase! Please don't insinuant someone is Lying, when things work out ok.
Ed

There was no insinuation about lying. You're plain wrong about that. There was a statement about credibility. And, at this time, you have none. You're new and haven't EARNED IT. It IS as likely as not, that you're not on the up-and-up. Relax and keep ordering from them until you come here with a different response. I'll take the word of every single credible poster here over yours every day of the week. Keep fighting the good fight.

All the more reason to ALWAYS use a credit card versus debit card.

When you dispute a charge from a merchant, they not only have the money frozen in their merchant account (if it's still there) but they also get a non-refundable fee for the dispute. Even if they are found not in the wrong, they are still liable for a fee that averages $20 to $40.

So it would be to their advantage to just give you the credit right away to avoid the fee. I had to dispute a charge with them as well. Took them 2 months to resolve it.

I can dispute my debit card charges and I get my money back the same day. my debit card works just like a credit card with the same protection.

Yup, wish i had read this thread first. Ordered a knife from their site the other day on an impulse only to find it was not in stock a day later. I called them to see when they expected it to be in stock. Well, actually i called them about 15 times, it kept switching me to hold at different points each time, as if someone was there hitting the button, watching a soap opera or something, annoyed someone would be calling. The times I did wait, it was for over 20 minutes and no one ever answered. When i finally got through to the truely annoyed seeming "Crystal," I was told they didn't have a date for next shipment, i.e. they had no idea when they'd have the knife they charged me for. I asked her to cancel my order and she agreed, stating the refund would take up to 15 days to appear. I asked why so long. I recieved some half-hearted response about "that's just how the machine works." Apparently their machine can deduct money from your account immediately, but to put it back can take 2 weeks or more. . . right. Asking why the website showed the item in stock when it wasn't got similar disturbing responses.

Having little faith they'd actually return my money in any timely fashion, I called my CC company and got a claim going and a hold on my payment, as well as confirmation that it actually only takes 2 or 3 days tops for payment to post. I was considering taking further action, THEN I FOUND THIS THREAD. I understand sometimes these things happen, but apparently I'm far from alone in this experience. Besides my credit card company, i will also be filing claims with the BBB and FTC. Lets get these guys

The Better Business Bureau already rates them an "F" with over 200 complaints filed, almost all unresolved.
http://www.bbb.org/knoxville/busine.../tactical-gun-armory-in-knoxville-tn-90002040

Last edited:
Ordered a BM knife from them. Got it two days letter. Decided to return it for another knife. Was told I would have to pay the restocking fee. Told them I would exchange the knife for one of greater value if they waived the fee. Was told a BM 710 was in stock and placed my order. A week goes by and no knife, not even an email confirming my purchase. Called back and was told BM 710 was on back order. Really, because it was in stock when I called ten days ago. Asked when it would come in. I was told they don't have an order with BM, they just get random knives in. They still wanted to charge me the difference on a knife they did not have in stock, nor could they even tell me when they expected it to go out.

Then ordered a Spyderco Stretch instead. Again, waited a week and nothing. Called back with allegations of fraud. I was told the knife was not in stock. Told them it was when I ordered it on the phone, just like the BM. Got an email stating the knife was being shipped and I would be refunded the $20 difference between the first knife and the cheaper Spyderco. No refund yet.

I intend to email BM and Spyderco and tell them this shop is full of excuses, has no real inventory system, and is unethical at best and criminal at worst if they do not return my money.

Please excuse my newness to this site, but good thing I found this thread before making a mistake!

My question is, why do you guys bother going through the ringer with this shady site? Call up your cc company and tell them you got ripped off. I've never had a problem getting my money back from Amex from a deal gone bad. Always use a CC when dealing with a site you haven't used before.

Why? The same reason someone goes for a rediculously low price and hopes it to be true for too long of time.
They catch monkeys by making holes in coconuts and putting rice inside them. Then the coconuts are tied to a tree. The hole is just big enough for the monkeys hand to go into but not back out of with rice in it's hand. The monkey won't let go of the rice so they are basically tethered to the tree and easily caught.
Greg

Last edited:
Thanks for the thread, a good con always starts with appealing to the mark's greed.

Sounds like they have more issues than a magazine!!

ba-dum-tss_o_786133.jpg

Sorry...

I'll let myself out

rbifls.gif

Back