The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Na got a B-9 that's fine :)

reverse psychology :)

I'm with ya Will!!! :thumbup:

.275" Choiless for me please!!!

Sounds great. Of course, no one has actually seen a choilless B8, but if it looked something like this...

attachment.php

yeah...could DEFINITELY go for a couple. :thumbup:

Attachments

• B8edit.jpg
    B8edit.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 5,676
YES! THAT'S IT!!!! The ULTIMATE Busse Basic Blade!!!! IF it came .275 thick with the full height grind, the balance would still be excellent, the handle would feel great (take a 1311 and a dogfather out sometime and you can definitely feel the difference) and the blade would be darn near indestructible!!!

I'm in!!!

Am I the only one not seeing the pics? Or aren't there any pics in the first post?

Blank lines in first post were for "dramatic emphasis", a technique I learned from Trevor. ;)

I wouldn't mind the thickness to be from .187 (remember the Sarsquatch) to .22. This would help keep the weight down so you would carry it, keep the knife fast in hand as for a camp/fighter. I never heard of anyone breaking a Sarsquatch at .187. And of course a choiless option. Also, make it only available in black smooth coat finish as a throw back to the original basic series (as a full flat grind it would be an excellent stripper for those who need satin). This would be a great knife for $249.

Last edited:
Sounds great!! I'd like to see magnum and anorexic on these along with choil options ;)

I want one in COMPETITION FINISH!!! :eek:

Just kidding... satin would be fantastic. Around .22 would be a great size for my uses.

Sending note to Santa now....

I'm with ya Will!!! :thumbup:

.275" Choiless for me please!!!

No!!! Too fat.

I'm agnostic on the choil for a B8. Have a choilless B10, but all in all the knife just doesn't do it for me; the Satin Battle Rat just feels better. Sort of regretting selling the B9, but I like the B11.

The "only" basic that never was : p
Id like one with an elf choil. Just scored a 10 user without choil and considered sending it in for a small sharpen notch. Would do it myself but sounds to easy for a ninny like me : p

Nah.......7s big enough.
Must resist : p

Back