The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I keep looking at my Basic 4 wishing it was a Basic 8. But then I'd have no Basic 4. The B8LE is just the blade for meeeeeee!

I agree with all of the above comments, a HOG B8 should be released. I need either that or a B8 LE in my life!

Question? If someone can tell, are the B8LE and CG BB13 handles the same? Also are they the same thickness? Reason for this question is..... if I were to happen to aquire a B8LE with a black ResC handle, I'd like to know if I could swap the handles somehow. Thanks guys.

Yes, they're the same size handle and same nominal blade thickness, so they should be interchangeable.

I know Ban Tang developed some special tools and techniques for removing and reinstalling Res-C handles. Not a d-i-y proposition, at least in my mind.

Yeah, I also have both (atm) and they're the same size. I've seen x-ray pics in the past showing barbed tangs though. I don't know if they do that with all of the Res-c models, but I imagine it would make removal much more difficult than simply drilling out the rivet.

None of the bare tang photos I've seen showed barbs--all smooth. So that's a surprise. Haven't seen any made in recent years, though. You might ask Garth.

Here's the pic I was thinking of:

Taliwhacker.
71B77F57-1A07-43DC-9E8F-C17BEB67A8D9-7210-0000045EA55BFAEA_zps212b6f54.jpg

Would definitely be curious what the tangs on my big SYKCOs and BB13 look like.

I think it's very cool this thread continues to show me things I haven't seen and to teach me things I didn't know. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now about that HOG B-Eight... :)

Morning 8ump. Thanks again for the INFI info. I guess I'll see if that can happen once I finally get my mitts on a B8 LE. I think my CG13 will look nice with black ResC, and my B8 LE will look even better with tan ResC. Can't w8.

Back