1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

"The Grey" - Survival Movie 2012

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by Gravitas, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Gravitas

Gravitas

Sep 9, 2007
  2. Why not just a pack of wolves that see them as lunch?

Looks interesting. This thread might do better in Community.

3. Moving Target

Moving Target

Feb 8, 2000
    Looks decent, but I'm going to :barf: if there's a bunch of unrealistic CG wolves chasing them the whole time, ala The Day After Tomorrow.

The broken beer bottle knuckles make me /lol as well.

Still, I'll probably go see it. Just hope they don't get too over-the-top and phony with the action...

4. --J

--J

Jan 26, 2008
    It's too bad they're perpetuating wolf behavior like that. There have been very few wolf attacks...and the ones that happened were usually wolves that had been in previous contact with humans

5. Triq

Triq

Oct 1, 2009
    I hate how over the top they are probably taking this...... glass knuckles.... really?

6. WJC01

WJC01

Mar 3, 2006
    Same here, the glass knucks have me wondering. . .

7. dogstar

dogstar

Jan 23, 2011
    I think your time will be better spent reading "never cry wolf" by Farley Mowat.

8. --J

--J

Jan 26, 2008
    Excellent advice Dogstar; what a great story, and very educational.

9. dipbait

dipbait

Feb 9, 2008
    I enjoyed the movie "Frozen" Three people left on a ski lift. They were freezing and a pack of hungry wolves were waiting for them. My son is a snowboarder and he couldnt watch it. LOL

10. Ravaillac

Ravaillac

Feb 14, 2005
    Seems pretty bad both in terms of realism and entertainment.
    And the glass knuckles are only the cherry on top.

11. efahl

efahl

Jan 16, 2010
    Sylvester Stallone? :)

12. ironclad

ironclad

Dec 7, 2007
    This is only a movie and may be a decent one, but why do people continue to demonize the wolf and show them behaving in ways that simply aren't based on any factual evidence? There have been hardly any document attacks by wolves on humans at all, and in the very few instances where they have occurred, the wolf has been either starving, rabid, or both, or injured. Attacks by wolves on people just aren't normal behavior by wolves and its about time the real behavior of wolves is shown, and whether we find it less entertaining because they are not the mindless monsters we portray them to be is irrelevant, because it isn't the truth. It's disappointing to see that this portrayal of wolves still occurs today, and is not based on facts.

13. Triq

Triq

Oct 1, 2009
    Wait a second here, are you telling me ALL Disney movies are in fact incorrect? According to my recent research (an american werewolfe in london) not only are wolves mindless monsters but they can turn us into them too:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
  14. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    I saw that one, quite entertaining !

15. IgnitionJames

IgnitionJames

Nov 7, 2011
    Hi folks! My name is James, and I'm helping Open Road get the word out about The Grey - we really appreciate your enthusiasm!

We've released a couple of exclusive photos on our Twitter profile (TheGreyMovie) today - check 'em out here:

http://twitpic.com/7bv5hi - Liam Neeson getting ready for a showdown
    http://twitpic.com/7bvoqo - Liam and his costars Dermot Mulroney, Dallas Roberts, and Nonso Anozie
    http://twitpic.com/7bwg5f - A tense moment between Liam and Frank Grillo

We've also got a Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/thegreymovie - come join us!

If you have any questions about The Grey, feel free to ask 'em and I'll see if I can get you any answers. Thanks for your time!

16. fugawee

fugawee

Jul 7, 2008
    Looks like its gonna be good!

I have a question...

Can you hook us up with free tickets and popcorn? :D

17. Mudbug007

Mudbug007

Nov 29, 2010
    Rob Roy does Alaska!!!

18. dboles

dboles

Mar 6, 2007
    Farley Mowatt or as we call him in Canada-Hardly Knowit
    Dan'l

19. Woods Walker

Woods Walker

Jun 3, 2010
    They're evil creatures that kill people, fight with vampires and fear silver. Everyone should watch out during the full moon. Hold on. Oh wolves, yea they normally avoid people.

20. IgnitionJames

IgnitionJames

Nov 7, 2011
    Depends on how many people you get to go see The Grey on opening weekend :)