The "I've never had one of those!" Giveaway

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
I think it's time for me to give back to the forum a little bit. I've been given so much lately, and have been truly blessed. I want to express my gratitude in a giveaway.

My wife is slowly getting better, and I think has turned a corner. As such......let's call this.........the Bad Dirt Road Giveaway. :D

Rules:
Post a little or as much as you want. "I'm in." works, as does a multi-paragraphical story. Extra points given for pictures and awesome stories. And just like in Little League, points don't count. :)

This will run until my wife and I anniversary on September 4, or until 45,909 posts in this thread, whichever comes first.

Shipping wherever is legal to own knives.

There are six total knives. Two 1956-1988 Imperial Scouts, two Remington 440A Canoes, a Remington 440A Peanut, and a French or German made unstamped knife/corkscrew combo. The Remingtons are new knives, and as such are made in China rather than US. They were hand picked by me and the blades don't rub each other or the liners.

And now for something completely different!
IMAGE_1000001278.JPG

IMAGE_1000001279.JPG

IMAGE_1000001280.JPG

IMAGE_1000001281.JPG

"I'm in" I would like to thank you for kind giveaway. I'm not much of a story teller and computers make me nervous. That's my short story. Thank you!

Im in. Drake here 22 years old and live in faribault MN. Just starting slipjoint collecting I only have three so far. Im not much into new knives at all. I am big into traditional archery so i guess slipjoints and long bows go hand in hand. My girlfriend says that she is dating and 80 year old man in a young guys body. Everything I do is always in the old way and everything i collect seems to be old school. I guess I was just born in the wrong time period. Thats my story and im stickin to it! Thanks, Drake

These are some nice knives, I have started looking at traditional knives, I have a few marlins pikes, but don't see a need to carry them. I like a lot of the knives on this forum and would like to try one out.

Very kind of you to give back, and best wishes to you and yours. I am still pretty new here, and have been collecting knives for a few years. I am a college student, and don't have much disposable income, but have built up at least a dozen one hand folders, non- traditional, spydercos, kershaw, etc.. my first nice knife was a BM 741. But I had a slipjoint in high school, and carried it for years, so when I started getting into knives, the "tactical folders" caught my eye, but after a few months, I started to want a traditional blade.. anyways, a got an older kershaw 1993-2(black micarta lockback, semi-traditional, and great fit and finish) and with it got a deal on a case cv slimline trapper, yellow delrin. Then a medium stockman in CV and chestnut bone. most recently a large stockman in CV and amber bone.. along the way I grabbed a beretta slipjoint and a small bear and sons stockman. I took the bear small stockman to a sharpener, as I couldn't reprofile due to incompetence.. well he cracked the spey blade and now it's an awl/ leather punch. WIsh I had a camera to take a pic, but the thing is really useful, and it gets carried more... due to his mistake breaking my knife and not charging me... anyway, I may as well put my name in here, next on my list is something with a bail, love your scouts, and the rest as well! it is very kind of you to offer such a gift to a stranger.. Not much of a story I suppose, but again, very kind so I'm In, all my best to you and yours

I'm in. And happy to see your wife getting better. When i read your post it sounds like you really love your wife, and your hurting is healing with her. Yes we are blessed and God gets "ALL THE CREDIT ".
Blessings for a rapid recovery and continued happiness to you and your family.
Clay

I'm in. About a year ago, I started carrying my traditionals again. I have a couple of stockman's, Buck and Case. Also a couple of SAKs.

Please keep us up dated on your progress, there are a lot of us praying for you.

Ric

I throw myself into this giveaway with high hopes for one of the imperial scouts. A traditional scout of that pattern has been in the top of my list several years by now. They are impossible to find here in Sweden eather used or new.

Bosse

Best wishes for a straight and quick path to recovery.
Traditional patterns have always held a special place in my memories. It seems I can recall memories when a family member has used their pocket knife for a seemingly mundane task from 35+ years ago, those memories always bring a smile.

I wish your wife a speedy recovery and hope for the best for the both of you and that you can both enjoy a wonderful day together on your anniversary. I've never owned any of these types of knives before but must admit that they look very attractive. I especially like that these knives carry some history with them and are truly pieces of art that were meant to be used. Thanks for the generous giveaway.

congrats on your wife getting better -- very generous giveaway, thanks for the chance.

My wife has had some surgery lately and I know how it goes with young kids around. Glad your family has turned the corner, good times ahead I am sure. Its always a strain when momma is out for the count. Glad she is feeling better :) Thanks for the chance, would love to try out one of those campers :)

I am in, I've never had Imperial brand nor I've ver had real deal camping knife made in USA or I've never had Remington brand knife ^^. Thank you also very much of the generosity and I am glad to hear your wife is getting better.

It´s good to hear, that your wife is starting getting better. All the best wishes from my side of the world.

Thank you for the nice GA, I´m in.

EDIT: I want to share a little story ;)

One of my favorite EDCs is the GEC #66 Serpentine Jack

Here´s a pic from the day I got it, it was the 20th March 2012

IMG_1225.jpg

I used to carry it day by day - the first time. And then later on, I changed my EDC as well as I always use to do. There were many other knives, I got to carry and already had, which wanted to be carried. I use it for cutting jobs, because it´s a knife ;)
But somehow, it doesn´t want to leave my pocket for about one whole week. On one day of week, this guy will follow me, promissed.

After not even a half year of carrying, sharpening and oiling it, it looks like this

IMG_1907.jpg

I like how it feels and how it looks. There are little scratches on the bolsters and the backspring got a nice patina as well as the blades. I gonna EDC it for a longer time, on and on. It´s a great little knife. I just wanted to show the development of it ;)

BTW: I never had a Scout knife before ;) ;)

Kind regards
Andi

Last edited:
Back