1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The Knifemakers Guild Show

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Kevin Cross, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Kevin Cross

Kevin Cross KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 13, 2006

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that the GUILD SHOW is in Louisville this coming weekend September 14-16th. The show runs noon to 6 pm on Friday, 10 am-5pm on Saturday and 10 am to 3 pm on Sunday. There is a listing of some of the makers who are going to be there on The Knifemaker's Guild website so check it out and come in and say Hi.

2. Kevin Cross

Kevin Cross KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 13, 2006

Just a reminder to everyone that the GUILD SHOW is this coming weekend in Louisville. KY. Show hours are Friday noon to 6 pm, Saturday 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday 10 am to 3 pm. More info can be found on the Guild's website. Come on by and say Hi.

3. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2006
    This will be the 43rd Knifemaker's Guild Show http://www.knifemakersguild.com/show.shtml

Here's the Guild's first "Live Auction Knife" made by Edmond Davidson and Steve Johnson with beautiful engraving by Barry Lee Hands. Sheath is by Paul Long. I saw and handled this piece and it's beyond words. All proceeds go directly to the Guild.

[​IMG]

4. Danbo

Danbo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 28, 1999
    I'll be there.

5. thenextarcher

thenextarcher

Feb 20, 2011
    ill be going :)

6. The Virginian

The Virginian Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Only a few days away.

Anyone else bringing any knives they want to show?

I really wish I could go . . . but I can't. So I would love to see some pics. :)

7. David Sharp

David Sharp

May 23, 2008
    I have a friend (Rick Clow) who is submitting knives to become a member. I wish him success!

8. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm not goin to make it this time, but it was a good show last year!

9. Charles Vestal

Charles Vestal KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 22, 2004
    Looking forward to seeing Rick at the show, and join you in wishing him success with his knife inspection.

Charles

10. Cliff Parker

Cliff Parker

Feb 23, 2009
    Will be there hope ya find time to stop by table and say hello.

All the best
    Cliff

11. rick c

rick c

Mar 22, 2007
    Charles,

Thanks for all your support.

Rick

12. rick c

rick c

Mar 22, 2007
    David,

Thanks for all your support.

Rick

13. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    Y'all really need to take a close look at Cliff's knives. Really! Pick them up and look close. :cool:

14. Big Chris

Big Chris SAHD/Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 1, 2010
    I was there today from 4 to 6. Lots of nice knives. I spent way too much money though. I bought a bunch of handle material and a new Bader grinder.
    Can't wait to get it set up and running.

15. betzner

betzner Home ToMorro Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Come on, come on, someone be nice and show us some show pics.

16. Cliff Parker

Cliff Parker

Feb 23, 2009
    Thanks Don and to all that took the time to stop by talk and take a look.

Cliff

17. betzner

betzner Home ToMorro Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Is there anybody besides me who wonders why no one has posted some images of the show yet - and/or started some posts on how good (or bad) the turnout and sales were???

18. peterinct

peterinct

Dec 13, 1999

I was hoping to find pictures in THIS thread:D

Peter

19. rick c

rick c

Mar 22, 2007
    I made Probationary Member,

Rick

20. Kevin Cross

Sep 13, 2006
    I was there and was accepted into the Guild as a voting member. But, I was there by myself so I had little time to leave my table and walk the floor so I took no pictures. For me the show was good, but just like BLADE, some makers were saying good and some were not so happy. I can tell you that the knife that Kevin posted above that was auctioned off "for the good of the GUILD" was awesome. The pictures really do not do it justice and it brought a winning bid of $20000. I saw very few people taking pictures on the floor but there was a professional taking shots and some of his are on the Knifemaker's Guild website.

Exciting news is that there was a representative of the ABS there and there are some talks underway to perhaps have ABS members included in future Guild shows.