1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The power chair is dead! Two auction knives this week.

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bawanna, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Well, my trusty powerchair I refer to as "The Beast" is ailing. Left me stranded out by the wood pile that I cut up last saturday. Crawled half way to the garage where the manual was parked when the wife got home. Saved me 50ft of crawling give or take.
    [​IMG]

The nice thing about the power chair being on the fritz is I can't do much outside stuff very easy, so I hang out in my room. The down side is I gotta get that thing fixed or replaced cause I got stuff to do ya know?

Enough of that.

Today I have a nice Kumar Karda (more likely a JKM-1, Thanks Mateo's.) I did a little skip line checkering on it which made the grip real positive and it looks nice even if in my own small mind.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A very nice butt cap.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Same as before. We'll just run till next Sunday at noon, that's 1200 hours for you military types.
    Lets throw out the starting bid this time and just lets thing go where they may.

As usual all proceeds directly to Yangdu to use for whatever purpose she chooses. Shipping on me within the continental USA, that means no water between you and me. I'll ship but might need some help ya know?

Let the games begin.

I'm going to start a separate thread for the other knife so there's no confusion on who's bidding on what, no what's on second, who's on first............................

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  2. darwin_

darwin_

Feb 28, 2015
    It's not much, but I'll start this off at $25.

Thank you for offering this up, good luck getting The Beast fixed!

3. dave9969

dave9969

Jun 26, 2011
    hey, I got a brand new walker the insurance gave me after I got my knee replaced, its yours if you need it, lord knows I dont intend to use it

4. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Sorry about the chair brother, hopefully you can get her overhauled. I love this knife. As stated before if the auction goes over $125.00 I will donate a sheath if the winner would like. Gonna be honest I will probably be bidding on this one. Lets get some folks bidding on these two great blades, remember this helps Auntie and HI.

5. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    A walker would be a major improvement if I could use one. I'm with you, don't use it if you can at all avoid it.

6. Mateos

Mateos

Dec 2, 2015
    Bawanna thats some beautiful work. $50.00.

7. Mateos

Mateos

Dec 2, 2015
    BTW this looks like a JKM-1 to me. This is actually good, since I have a couple KKs, but not yet a JKM-1 😉

8. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Actually I think you are absolutely correct. Too much sawdust filling the void where a brain normally resides.

If anyone thinks otherwise please speak up. I shall revise the original post to reflect this new discovery.

Thank you Mateo's. I of course love everything HI but gosh durned if I can remember all the models or pick them out of a line up.

Gosh durn it, I don't think I got one neither. Another one to add to the list I guess..............................

9. Yangdu

Yangdu Moderator Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Beautiful work!
    Thank you

10. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Sorry Mateo's but I gotta promote this one. This is some of my best work. Beautiful knife and turned out super nice. Better than I anticipated. Why if my arms were a little bit longer and shoulders not so messed up I'd probably pat myself on the back some.

Duly noted that Mateo's doesn't have a JKM nor do I yet.

11. Dobe_1

Dobe_1

Jun 19, 2013
    That's some fine checkering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Bookie

Bookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2014
    $60 in genuine Corn Patch currency which is legal tender for all debts public and private.

13. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    They still use Gold in Corn Patch don't they?

14. Bookie

Bookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2014
    ......and diamonds, rubies, and 1928 nickles!

15. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Up it to $75

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

16. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Now we're talking, we got us a ball game...........................or a blade game as it were.

17. Mateos

Mateos

Dec 2, 2015
    Its a friendly kind of knife fight.

18. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Always friendly. And hopefully more for those that get away.

19. moparsbob

moparsbob Basic Member Basic Member

May 6, 2014
    I'll bid $100 - I don't have a JKM-1, and Bawanna's checkering is beautiful!

20. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 24, 2016
    That skip line checkering drew me in too !

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.