1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The Sunday Picture Show... (6-10-2012)

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by ItsTooEarly, Jun 10, 2012.

1. ItsTooEarly

ItsTooEarly

Oct 10, 2007
    The Sunday Picture Show... (6-10-2012)

Hello everyone, it's time again for the Sunday Picture Show... This Show is for everyone... So feel free to talk about and compliment each other about there new or old Buck knives... We all like to show are new or older knives that we just got or had for years... So everyone please share and post a picture of one of your Buck knives or a picture with lots of Buck knives... Fixed blades or folders... Post all the pictures you want, but save some for next Sundays Picture Show... Post a new picture or a old picture... If you only have one Buck knife or alot of Buck knives... Just take some new Picture of it or of them and just get creative and make Buck Proud.... Thanks, ItsTooEarly ...

Here's my pictures for the SPS... This Sunday I have a 422 Coalite that I didn't have yet... Well I have one but the 7 is backwards on his shirt... So now I have both... Take a look at the pics...

Thanks for looking and enjoy the show... ITE

422 Coalite...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Backward 7
    [​IMG]

:) :) :) :) :)

2. Kyui Su Kim

Kyui Su Kim

Aug 26, 2000
    Don't know if I have shown this one before, so back up it goes. My sometimes pocket and sheath dwellers.:)
    [​IMG]
    And also my latest dremel debacle. Tried for the scalloped bone look. Came out more as gnarled wood.
    [​IMG]

The Buck sticker was courtesy of Mr. David Martin:)

3. Haebbie

Haebbie Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2006
    One of my favorites, the 475. On the picture is the milennium knife from 2000. Less than 2000 were made.

Haebbie

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339326714.191435.jpg

4. CaseyChaos

CaseyChaos Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Tossin' out my recently acquired, NIB 317.
    [​IMG]

5. jb4570

jb4570 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Hi All,

Wow.....only three post's to today's SPS! The Blade Show & the spring time weather are having some effects....I guess;). However, at this post there have been 124 views so far not a bad following it's 7:11AM PST. Any way last week I posted this photo.....

[​IMG]

I asked if anyone knew what "Archive" on the label ment.There was only one guess last week and it was not correct. However, it did show there are more of this type of knife avalible if one is lucky enough to find one. The word "Archive" on the box label shows the knife is from the Buck archive's, old knives or old parts that were found and used to make new knives and put in new box's for sale. So in the case of my knife in the photo's below, is a gold etch LE/SO knife that is not currently on the list?

I went to the folks in the "know" on these topics to try to find some answers. I sent emails to Joe H and Richard M, asking if they could share some in-site as to what this knife was from and how it got into a new style box? Joe said this knife was pulled form the Buck archives, boxed & labeled as such, then sold at the Buck employee knife sale (cool, I wish I was able to be at one of their employee sales). Richard said, he would up-date the LE/SO list. But, is that up-date a correction or an addition to the list?

Any way, here is the knife. It was listed and sold on the auction sites and I missed it as I was out bid:(. A few weeks later the new owner re-listed the knife for more $$$$$ and I am lucky enough to have it now;).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    jb4570

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  6. oregon

oregon Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Bucklites from the good old days, Thunder Egg from Oregon: small 424, medium 422 and large 426.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you all for sharing your collections.

And thank you, all of you and you know who you are, for looking.

[​IMG]

link to video of subject of photo just above: http://youtu.be/0d-S13TUroE

link to video of Multnomah Falls, just across Columbia River from where above video taken: http://youtu.be/lYFwuN3hTTQ

Just under the surface are ancient giant Sturgeon feeding on Shad guts from a string of about 50 evenly spaced Shad fisherman. If you study the 6 pics in sequence you will see the surface of the water disturbed. The fish in question fills the frame it is so large. Unfortunately I didn't understand this until the next day when a Romanian fisherman explained that you could reach out and touch the massive bottom feeders here. Better pics next time. http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/oregun/Bonneville6-4-2012023.jpg http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/oregun/Bonneville6-4-2012022.jpg http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/oregun/Bonneville6-4-2012021.jpg http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/oregun/Bonneville6-4-2012020.jpg http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/oregun/Bonneville6-4-2012019.jpg http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/oregun/Bonneville6-4-2012018.jpg

Not my pic, but a massive sturgeon: http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/acl1z/Sturgeon.jpg

7. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Beautiful etching on that one JB! :thumbup:
    Haebbie, that 475 has very clean and pleasing lines...:thumbup:
    Very nice 317 Casey...:thumbup:
    Kyui...I really like that Damascus 110 and sheath...:thumbup:

While going through some old stuff I came across a couple of my ship patches from my Coast Guard days...
    I got to thinking about the knives that I carried while I served...
    Initially I was a deck hand and carried a 112...that one was dropped over the side up in the Gulf of Alaska while serving on the Munro...
    But I had picked up this little 506 at a PX somewhere...this was my Dress Uniform knife...it would ride along undetected;)

[​IMG]

Somewhere along the line I grabbed this 703 to do a little whittling while underway...it became my EDC knife for about 5 years in uniform...mostly used while I was a ships cook...There's lots of things that needed cutting open and I wouldnt use my chefs knives for that...

[​IMG]

8. hkingdom

hkingdom Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 5, 2006
    BUCKLITES IT IS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kyui Su Kim

Kyui Su Kim

Aug 26, 2000
    Thanks, I love the snakeskin and usually rock it around when the situation becomes "fancy".

10. hkingdom

hkingdom Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Jb..i believe you have the best overall etched blade collection i have seen. Great knife today!

11. DeSotoSky

DeSotoSky Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2011
    I was pleased to buy this yellow 322 Congress from mbjannusch here on the forum to go with my black one. This was a contract knife made by Camillus. The yellow ones were sold by Smoky Mountain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    Lampreys ???

13. Stone Knifeworks

Stone Knifeworks KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 25, 2011
  14. sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    I like your Congress knives DeSoto :thumbup:

15. Stumps

Stumps

Feb 9, 2011
    Some very nice knives this week. Can't wait to see more!!

I'm back from my 560 mile hike early because I only did 320 miles of it. I decided to finish the rest of the hike this fall. :)

Sorry about the quality of these cell phone pictures, but I wanted to post something here today. I've missed quite a few SPS.

These are a few knives I picked up earlier this year....a different Sambar stag 112 than I posted about five weeks ago, a 110 and a 531.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was taken in front of some potatoes I planted just before my hike.

[​IMG]

This one is in front of the whole garden I planted before I left.

[​IMG]

This was a picture I took of a blooming tulip poplar on a low limb of the tree early one morning on my hike.

[​IMG]

I have to thank ITE once again for keeping the SPS going each week.

16. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Hi Folks -

Just back from Blade - it was great to meet a lot of the BCCI folks - I attended the meeting and auction.

I was the lucky winner of the miniature raffle knife in the small wooden box - they just called me an hour ago and let me know!

Here are my additions to the SPS today -

A 2003 Chuck Buck Portrait 110 - the wood is different than the Massacar normally used - and it has Mr. Buck's signature on the blade -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the BCCI Tactical 110 that I picked up at the meeting at Blade yesterday afternoon -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally - a 305 in Black Delrin that I picked up at the meeting -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

best regards

mqqn

17. THE_LONGBOW

THE_LONGBOW

Feb 17, 2007
    Irrelavant

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  18. gastonian

gastonian Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2012
    mqqn- I really like the looks of the tactical 110 a lot more than I thought I would after reading about it. Thanks for posting!

19. oregon

oregon Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Added videos to bottom of post #6 six shown above for your amusement.

sitflyer, excellent guesser that you are, wins 1/2 beer, ding ding ding etc.

20. sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    They do lots of damage to fish:eek: