1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The TRADITIONAL sunday picture show!!!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by oilburner, Nov 20, 2011.

1. oilburner

oilburner

Dec 6, 2009
    This forum seems to get about the most members participating with pictures, so I thought a Sunday picture show was in order.

Rules- TRADITIONAL KNIVES ONLY
    -There is no brand loyalty in the Sunday picture show. As long as it's a traditonal piece of cutlery, a cool trinket with a traditonal company logo on it (advertising stuff), folding or fixed, it belongs here.
    - The photo must show off the knife, lets not have vacation pictures with captions like "Here we are camping and if you look in the background, you can see my knife on the picinic table". The knife is the reason for the photo.
    - The more interesting the the blade (rare, oddball) the better.
    - Try to take a pic of the knife like you would like to see it in a magazine, in an advertisement, or hung on your wall. Interesting pictures that maybe have something they were meant for/to do thrown in there (fishing knives by the water) camping knives in the woods, military knives with another military piece from the same era, you get the idea.
    -Post as many as you want but save some for the fallowing weekends!

This week I'll start it off with an old Utica Kutmaster, don't know anything about it age or materials wise. Just a cool old knife that belonged to Grandpa, and the Utica Cutlery was just a few miles away growing up.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Hi oilburner -

How about an old red bone pocketworn 6227ss from 1999.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

best regards -

mqqn

3. johnny twoshoes

johnny twoshoes

Feb 3, 2011
    Okay, my old hunting friend, this GEC #73L.
    [​IMG]

Then a #66 Mink that calls my brother's pocket home.
    [​IMG]

4. MT Damascus

MT Damascus Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Here are a couple of beautys of mine. Boker Fellow damascus: devins stainless basketweave, ebony, Case Bose Tribal Spear, antique bone, Case Backpocket, Devins carbon raindrop, pocket worn antique bone. Oh, and a custom Paul Long sheath in the background.

View attachment 242754

5. xtonesterx

xtonesterx

May 26, 2009
    yeller peanut with cv. just got it. cant wait until this baby starts getting a patina.

[​IMG]

6. thawk

thawk Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 28, 2006
    An Ulster jack
    [​IMG]

And a couple of stockman knives with patina.
    [​IMG]

Just a suggestion, but it might be nice to just update this thread back to the top every week, instead of starting a new one. Easier to reminisce that way. :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  7. Rsmith_77

Rsmith_77

Jun 4, 2010
    [​IMG]

8. Rusty1

Rusty1 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2005
    GEC Whalers, or as known years ago Rope knife.

Russell

[​IMG]

9. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    With me most every day:)

[​IMG]

Paul

10. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Picked this up today at a thrift store just for this thread. Its a Case XX Sod Buster in carbon. Number 2138 5 Dot. Looks like it may be from the 70's

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  11. oilburner

oilburner

Dec 6, 2009
    Gevonovitch, does that mean that indirectly I caused someone to add to their collection?? Well then, cool! And nice find, that knife has a lot of character. There are some pretty cool knives here in the thread this week. I've never seen anything like Rusty1's Whalers, and I think I'll take thawk's idea and just add to this thread every sunday instead of starting a new one, that way we can go back, and we'll end up with one thread that has the largest variety of brands and pictures anywhere. Great pictures this week everybody! Mark.

12. TheSharpStuff

TheSharpStuff

May 31, 2011
    Great now I not only want a peanut, but also a texas jack.

13. bakerg2g

bakerg2g

Apr 22, 2010
    Here's a combo...Bret Dowell Dogleg Jack with Clip, and
    little pistol shoots .410 shot gun shells or .45 cal. bullets.
    Fun little gun..

Jason

[​IMG]

14. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Great pics so far.

Hopefully no one minds this "recycled" pic.

[​IMG]

15. Chief

Chief Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    Mark, très cool you have your Grampa's folder.

My new EDC. Wharnie CV carbon steel without the gaudy Rancher etching, opens smooth and easy, pinchable, halfstop. :)

[​IMG]

16. oilburner

oilburner

Dec 6, 2009
    And another Sunday is upon us... How about a Case Moose knife...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. johnny twoshoes

johnny twoshoes

Feb 3, 2011
    Beautiful old canoe, he has a story to tell.

How about a Tested and trusted Case hunter.
    [​IMG]

18. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator

Sep 2, 2004
    Lamont Coombs Bird and Trout. This one makes me want to get out on the trout stream.

[​IMG]

19. oilburner

oilburner

Dec 6, 2009
    Peregrin... Great picture, and I have to ask where in NY are you? I'm a huge fisherman, (ok, I'm a little guy, but fish a lot, lol) and fish almost more than I sleep sometimes.

20. johnny twoshoes

johnny twoshoes

Feb 3, 2011
    Great to see some trout guys on here, I love fishing for them.
    Here is my trout stream buddy.
    [​IMG]