1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

This weeks auction!...................Important...........

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bawanna, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Well actually there isn't an auction this week, I just didn't have time and / or victims to fix up.

BUT

I just got home and found an extra long triangle box from Yangdu on the front porch. The box is mint too, perfect condition. Center piece of my triangle box collection for sure. I mean.....hey you guys don't care about my triangle box fetish so we'll leave that behind.

The contents of the box are numerous and AWESOME, some really good stuff.

I'm not gonna let the cat out of the sack till I figure them all out and I'll post them up as I get them made over.

Save your loot, rob your kids penny banks, pick up nickels and dimes in parking lots, some nice upcoming stuff up for grabs.

Also thanks to my still undisclosed hero who actually does wear a cape from time to time the Panameria? I gotta go back and check the spelling on that one was in the box too.
    I was so excited to get this posted I haven't taken any pictures yet but I will.
    It's amazing. The pictures didn't do it the tiniest bit of justice in the least. The engraving and markings are top notch and I gotta get my magnification out and clean the oil off a bit but I believe I see Rams name engraved in English!
    And the derelict ramp is a derelict ramp for sure, ain't no eloping ladder for sure.

I think this was the closest I'll ever come to visiting Yangdu and helping her open a box of knives direct from Nepal, almost as good (not quite) as show and tell at the knife shed.

OK. Fair warning, good stuff ahead. Sorry I didn't get anything for this week but Yangdu has some pretty fabulous DOTD's lately so we should probably all be ok for a day or two.

Chow time for me.

2. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    A few hints? cmon now, you can't just leave us with tongues hanging out like rabid dogs.

3. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    OK Cul, just for you buddy. Not much but something for you to chew on so you can real your rabid tongue in.

[​IMG]

Kind of a mean teaser but no worse that having them here knowing that they are only foster knives and have to go live with somebody else soon. I kind of tear up thinking about it.

4. SingleGrind

SingleGrind

Jun 15, 2015
    The middle one is definitely one of the W-49 Camp/Kitchen Knives, and the ones on the right are R Series for sure. Now the ones on the left look like good candidates for some fancy handles if you ask me :b

5. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    The ones on the left are going to get some Bawanna magic????? That's going to be something! I can see that already. My imagination probably isn't even close to what the real finished product is going to look like.

6. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    4th from the left (and the last one too) looks like it is very GOOD to GO! No Offense Bawana but somethings are best left un"improved". :)
    Looking forward to the unsheathing of these. :thumbup:

Ray

7. Bookie

Bookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Bookie be doing a happy dance.....

8. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    My thoughts exactly and I already shared that thought with Yangdu. If it gets anything at all it won't be negative. I have a thought on it but will ponder before I do anything. I agree some things are left as is.

9. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Khul!!! Now cover the handles , mix them up, and show us the other ends. C'mon Mr. B... our brains wont be able to match them up.