THK Snarkfinger!

I should have posted this long ago and thought I did...after poking around here recently I discovered that I did not. So, here it is...
Terrio Handmade Knives Snarkfinger!

JT was so very generous to include this in the goodies box at the spring Beckerhead gathering back in May of this year. My wifey isn't very knifey and thought it looked neat and said "can I have that one?"

Well...I'm really glad she did because she got more than a knife...

Being a newbie at my first gathering, I had only a few brief conversations with James. After discussing the Knife the conversation turned to chickens then all sorts of other stuff. I feel we also got a friend. He's one cool cat that if we lived closer I'm sure we'd be good friends.

This is one sweet little Blade. I've never owned a handmade Knife before and this is top quality. JT will have to chime in on the steel, for the life of me I cannot remember. The micarta scales are smooth, tight, and perfect. Can't even grab an edge with a fingernail where the tang meets the scales.

The ergos are great for my size hand. The bulbous end lays right in my palm allowing a tight grip. It's large enough that I'm not squeezing my fingers back into my own hand. Nice, round, and smooth with no hot spots.

I wear large sized gloves but my hands are by no means big. I'd say they're average. No pun intended but the Snarkfinger fits like a glove...

The tip is needle sharp. I have literally used it to dig out splinters more than once. It catches on my finger prints when ran accross the point. Of course it came razor sharp and still is. I admit it hasn't seen a ton of work.

I like to bring it kayaking because its one of the few knives I own that isn't high carbon steel. Mostly some twine, rope, fruit etc...
Of course it excelled at these mundane tasks....
I plan on making a kydex necker sheath for better access while in the boat.

It's been a fun Blade to have around and always a conversation piece when the wife sees me using it. More so its a great memory of that weekend and the great time had and people met at our first Beckerhead gathering.

I caught a photo recently of five THK knives and one really caught my eye. After having this one...I'm sure my second ever handmade Blade will be a THK.

Thanks for looking and thanks again JT!

Last edited:
I'm glad you're enjoying it! The steel is 440C at 58RC. So that's actually a pretty rare knife, since I don't use 440C anymore.

What a beautiful knife!
I'm kind of bummed though because I've been peeking in here from time to time seeing what JT might have available and thought this might be it.

I should have posted this long ago and thought I did...after poking around here recently I discovered that I did not. So, here it is...
Terrio Handmade Knives Snarkfinger!

JT was so very generous to include this in the goodies box at the spring Beckerhead gathering back in May of this year. My wifey isn't very knifey and thought it looked neat and said "can I have that one?"

Well...I'm really glad she did because she got more than a knife...

Being a newbie at my first gathering, I had only a few brief conversations with John. After discussing the Knife the conversation turned to chickens then all sorts of other stuff. I feel we also got a friend. He's one cool cat that if we lived closer I'm sure we'd be good friends.

Who is John? ;)

A dyed-in-the-wool Sharpfinger fan, I really like this custom rendition James. I have originals from the very first production 1973 through the very last of 2004 as well as several customs by BF.com makers and I like what you have done with the design as well. I'll keep checking to see if you are making a new run of the pattern in the future. And perhaps opportunity and funds will collide. Of course there will be (minor) jimping involved. ;)

Jimping costs extra! :D

And is worth it! True story here: Some years ago I decided to design and commission my first custom knife. It was a recreation of a Webster Marbles Dall DeWeese. And of course it featured jimping on the thumb ramp. The maker who was making the knife was not experienced in doing jimping nor equipped for it. SO we sent the blade out to another maker, a young kid at the time actually, who did an outstanding job on the jimping. I do recall paying extra for it, but it was essential to the design. On this knife it is not. Just something fun to joke about.

Have you done this pattern in other handle materials? Stabilized burl wood or perhaps ivory or bone? Have pichurs?

Have you done this pattern in other handle materials? Stabilized burl wood or perhaps ivory or bone? Have pichurs?

Nope! NCSlice's example is The Original THK SnarkFinger , and to date, the only one of its kind.

Obviously, I was inspired by the classic SharpFinger. My aim was to make a light, handy, very acute swept-point knife with a very pointy point and almost nothing but belly. Also, a three-finger handle with enough fatness to help it feel secure in the user's palm.

The SnarkFinger is not meant for chopping concrete blocks or cutting down trees or prying apart automobiles. It's meant for precision cutting tasks.

I will be happy to make more if there is enough demand for them. :)

Back