1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Three old straight razors found

Discussion in 'Razors, Scissors, & Personal Grooming' started by jujigatame, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jujigatame

jujigatame

Mar 21, 2005
    I was at my grandparent's house the other day tasked with finding a mislaid key. Searching through several drawers in different desks and bureaus did not yield the key but I did come across three straight razors that belonged to my grandfather. Razors have never been something that I had an interest in but it was neat to find these. Any comments or info you may care to share on them is appreciated.

Jonathan Crookes & Son

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Joseph Elliot

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Taylor

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. doc trinidad

doc trinidad

Aug 29, 2009
    I collect straights and those are very nice. they will make a nice keepsake of your grandfather. I would clean up that rust though before it really does any damage to the blades.

3. crazyengineer

crazyengineer

Apr 2, 2011
    Those are nice, I like the Joseph Elliot, what kind of scaled are they?