1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Throwing knife from "the hunted"

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by savagesicslayer, Aug 1, 2005.

1. savagesicslayer

savagesicslayer

May 24, 2005
    Later in the movie after del toro kills the first FBI guy he throws a black handled knife into the neck of FBI agent # 2.
    What kind of knife is that?? I like the style.
    Matt

2. grizzlyblades

grizzlyblades

Nov 20, 2004
  3. Ken C.

Ken C. Jack of all trades, master of none. Staff Member Super Mod

Jun 14, 2000
    [​IMG]

I think you forgot what forum you where in. Moving to the Blade Discussion Forum. ;)

4. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Banned by Moderators

Jun 17, 2005
    I remember someone somewhere said it was a fallkniven, but I don't know which one specifically.

5. ekillian

ekillian

Jul 5, 2005
    TOPS Knives makes them.

Eddie

6. Lil Timmy

Lil Timmy

Apr 25, 2005
  7. Lazarus Long

Jun 17, 2005
    Wrong knife timmy, he's talking about the small, black handled knife that gets stuck in the FBI guys neck. BTW, TOPS did not make the knife in the movie. David Beck did.

8. Lil Timmy

Lil Timmy

Apr 25, 2005
    Not sure what other knife you are talking about, but the TOPS Tom Brown Tracker was used in the movie The Hunted. The only other knives I remember are the homemade ones at the end.

http://www.trackertrail.com/tombrown/trackerknife/

1st it was made by Ed Lombi, then Dave Beck, now TOPS

9. Ken C.

Jun 14, 2000
    The knife used in the movie was a custom made by David Beck. The TOPS knife was not used in the movie.

10. Lil Timmy

Lil Timmy

Apr 25, 2005
    Was it a custom version of the Tom Brown Tracker design?

11. Ken C.

Jun 14, 2000
    Yes. The knife in the movie was a version that Dave made for Tom (he designed it) for his Survival School. There was a whole big thing about it too. I don't want to get into it here. Do a search of the forum and you should find out alot about it.

12. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 6, 2000
  13. savagesicslayer

savagesicslayer

May 24, 2005
  14. Lazarus Long

Jun 17, 2005
    I think it is a Fallkniven Military Survival Knife,

[​IMG]

A list to clarify:

Start of the movie: Beck made WSK, not TOPS, he loses that early on.

Middle: He picks up the Fallkniven (I believe) with kydex, and the Next Generation Kabar with a custom kydex sheath from his trunk. The Fallkniven ends up in an FBI guys neck, and he doesn't get it back.

End: He loses his Kabar after falling over the waterfall, and with powers unknown to us mortals, forges a knife without bellows or a hammer from driftwood (and somehow puts sawteeth on it :confused: ).

This should clear up some confusion. Savage, the Fallkniven is a great knife for edc or light chores and you wouldn't regret buying it.

15. Brian Jones

Brian Jones Moderator Moderator

Jan 17, 1999
    Tom Kier and Rafael Kayanan, senior instructors in Sayoc Kali, were the fight coordiantors for the movie. They also post here as well. Maybe one of them will see this thread. Or try a search -- I think that Tom answered this question in the past.

Here's their website for fight choreography:
    http://www.sayoccombatchoreography.com/

Interview with Benicio Del Toro
    On the Making of The Hunted, Realistic Fight Scenes and the Blues versus Techno.
    http://www.sayoccombatchoreography.com/bdtinterview.html

16. savagesicslayer

savagesicslayer

May 24, 2005
    Thanks man I'll check them out. :)

17. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
    if you pause the dvd youll see that its a dave beck compainion knife

18. Stickbait

Stickbait

Mar 19, 2005
    ..the best knife is still the one Benecio's character forges out of 'metal scrap-along river bank-while injured-in a driftwood kindling fire-while being chased by FBI SWAT Team-and TommyLeeJones character hot on his heels'Now that knife had character! ;)

19. Lazarus Long

Jun 17, 2005

Hmm. I've never gotten the chance to see a Dave Beck companion knife. Thanks for the heads up.

20. Lazarus Long

Jun 17, 2005
    The sawteeth made it... Unless he had a file I didn't see.. :D