1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Titanium magnifying glass for titanium Yeoman

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by bushidomosquito, Dec 10, 2011.

1. bushidomosquito

bushidomosquito

Oct 2, 2008
    This is a magnifying glass I made for a Yeoman SAK that will have all of it's plastic and aluminum parts remade in titanium. Edmund Optics 10x mineral glass lens and titanium bezel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    That would make an awesome keychain with some kinda sheath/case.

3. pilgrimuk

pilgrimuk

Apr 18, 2006
    +1 Super idea! :thumbup:

4. bushidomosquito

bushidomosquito

Oct 2, 2008
    Finally got this one finished. The tweezers and toothpick are also titanium. The plastic screwdriver that goes in the corkscrew was replaces with the double ended micro driver from a Leatherman in a piece of titanium carved to fit into the corkscrew.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  5. Kohai999

Kohai999 Second Degree Cutter Platinum Member

Jul 15, 2003
    That's very cool. The only tool that I might question for titanium is the tweezers, as I have used them, hard at times, and titanium may be a bit soft.

Was this a personal project, or something that was sold?

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

6. Jos

Jos

Oct 23, 2006
    I like that! I have some plans for a "custom" SAK myself.

You made the liners also out of titanium I presume?

Kind regards,

Jos

7. bushidomosquito

bushidomosquito

Oct 2, 2008
    Yes, the liners and tweezers are 6Al4V ti so there's no issue with them being too soft. I think they work so much better than the Vic tweezers just by being stiffer and having the precise ground tip.

This was made on consignment for a little more than a new Glock but I have a laser shop about to cut parts for me so I hope to bring that cost way down.
    Here's some much better pics that the customer took when he received it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Denzel24

Denzel24

Jul 15, 2012
    What is the update of my order Aaron? You not replied my email and even didn't send me a picture as you promise. :mad: