To SNARK or not to SNARK (Chat Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rant/ON
so, if ur the USPS, and u have a package that u KNOW won't fit the mailbox, meaning u will have to leave a ''PickUp at PO'' note........

WHY on God's green Earth would u TAKE the package on your ROUTE??????

I get my mail early A.M. with the note, so I'm excited, just went to PO to ''get my sh*t'' and the clerk tells me it's out on the mailtruck and won't be in the PO 'til late afternoon. WTF

Rant/OFF

because if you're home when they show up, they'll hand it to you.

landline phone rings - a rare thing

ph: hello, is this the head of household?

me: emergency services, may i help you?

ph: uhm, what?

me: this is my emergency services line, is this an urgent call?

ph: uh, this is the local town bleah bleah charity thingy we're allowed to call, this is not spam

me: please sir, are you calling for an EMERGENCY? if not, please call back on the regular line, you are tying up resources

ph: OH! this is an EMERGENCY LINE! sorry, we'll mark that and won't call back...

works every time

every timeeeeee :)

ph: uh, this is the local town bleah bleah charity thingy we're allowed to call, this is not spam

me: please sir, are you calling for an EMERGENCY? if not, please call back on the regular line, you are tying up resources

ph: OH! this is an EMERGENCY LINE! sorry, we'll mark that and won't call back...

works every time

That is too funny, what a great idea. :thumbup:

I have had the same land line number for about 13 years. I get so many stupid calls I keep the ringer off now. If I notice someone I know on the TV caller ID I will answer but its mostly for outgoing calls. Everyone that knows me knows to use my cell phone.

because if you're home when they show up, they'll hand it to you.

I was home. No knock, nothing. He never got out of the truck.

IMO rural route contract mail-deliverers are way better then town official USPS workers. Never had an issue with them

works every time

That is bloody awesome! I'd have to try that except I don't have a land line at all.

IMO rural route contract mail-deliverers are way better then town official USPS workers. Never had an issue with them

this is very true. I have several friends that have rural route contracts.

Photo-0544.jpg

What Becker?

Photo-0543.jpg

THIS Becker!

yeah Oregon FAL'er...ur lanyard works ;)

Like the colors u picked, I'm gonna have to make me one LOL

USPS is ridiculous. I have a set of Kryptglow Izula scales that were "delivered" on Saturday. They're nowhere to be found. They told me to call back tomorrow.

Yeha my carrier regularly brings boxes back that I know for a fact would fit in my mailbox, and the kicker is she doesn't leave the notification that it's at the PO I just have to guess and hope.

Photo-0544.jpg

What Becker?

Photo-0543.jpg

THIS Becker!

yeah Oregon FAL'er...ur lanyard works ;)

Like the colors u picked, I'm gonna have to make me one LOL

Nice lanyard, Ive been thinking about looking for a tutorial on youtube to learn to do that.

Just looks like your pimp chain in the first pic. :D

that sucks.
my guy pulls into the driveway, honks, waits about 45 seconds, then leaves if there's no activity other than the malabrute asking for scritches.
But, I'm also on a rural route.

that sucks.
my guy pulls into the driveway, honks, waits about 45 seconds, then leaves if there's no activity other than the malabrute asking for scritches.
But, I'm also on a rural route.

yeah, thats typical for Rural Routes. I'd rather have a RR then a town addy anyday for customer service.

I need to move to the country...

I hate living in the city, I live in the third biggest city in MN. Well at least there is a lot of green space.

I hate it too, so tired of listening to other peoples music.

But I have kids in school and 4 roller derby practices a week to make it to. When my kids are older though...

At least I am an hour or 2 drive from some amazing nature.

But I have kids in school and 4 roller derby practices a week to make it to. When my kids are older though...

Yeah I live right on a busy street(4 lanes wide) and down the road is an adult care facility so abulances are comun. I also have to listen to obnoxious music coming out of cars that cost less than a fancy meal.

As soon as I'm done with school, I'm moving farther out.

You on a team or your missus?

Been gettin' my ass kicked at work. Worked on sleep and yardwork this weekend.

Pulled a 20hr shift on Thursday, 16hr on Friday, slept most of Saturday, fought my lawnmower and new furniture on Sunday. Tired.

That is all.

Moose

Take it easy, Moose.

All right, I said I would do a give-away/contest. Here it is.
The first PAYING Beckerhead to correctly identify this gets an Eskabar with zytel on me.
002.JPG

Shipped from Tomar's straight to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back