1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Tom Berenger's knife in last of the Dogmen

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Tack, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Tack

Tack

Jan 18, 2005
    Hi Everybody,
    This is a long shot but here goes.
    In the film "Last of the Dogmen" Tom Berenger, the star, possessed a large drop point camp knife with what appeared to be a seven or eight inch blade and a wood, traditionallly shaped handle secured by six brass pins. The guard was brass and shaped as a finger guard similar to the Puma White Hunter. On the back of the blade, immediately in front of the guard was a file worked thumb recess. The knife was of full tang construction and was hollow ground.
    Try as I might, and I have been looking for over a year, I cannot find this knife or anything remotely like it anywhere.
    Does anyone know of this knife? If it was custom made, who was the maker? If factory produced, by whom?
    I would dearly love to own a knife just like it.
    All help gratefully received
    Regards
    Tack

2. Bear Claw Chris Lappe

Bear Claw Chris Lappe Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Paton Knives made it. Cool movie, I actually bought this one on DVD.

3. John Satchell

John Satchell

Dec 28, 2001
  4. Ripper

Ripper

Jul 2, 2000
    Tack,
    Welcome to the forums!
    Dick Patton made a knife for that movie. Info on it is located here.
    Regards,
    Greg

Edit: oops, I see The Last Confederate and John posted the info as I was typing.

5. redhawk44p

redhawk44p Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Holy smoke that knife is gorgeous. :eek: How much is it?

6. Tack

Tack

Jan 18, 2005
    Hi,
    Isn't it typical, I look for over a year for a knife. Endless hours staring at a computer screen or poring over magazines and books, time my wife could easily have filled with D.I.Y. or other more useful endeavors and bam! within a few hours you guys have found the answer.
    Seriously, it was amazing but its funny how the memory plays tricks on you. I pictured the knife somewhat different from that on the Patton Knives site. Still the Mini-Bowie is certainly the one.
    Once again, manty thanks for the help
    Regards
    Tack