1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Trench bowie one off

Discussion in 'BRT Bladeworks' started by BenR.T., Nov 17, 2016.

1. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    Hey guys! So I've been on kind of an old school kick lately, looking at a lot of cutlass, military and especially WWII blades.
    This is my version of a trench knife. The 9.5" blade is CPM 3V with a large fuller to help balance it out. The guard is wrought iron and the handle is some of my vintage black micarta (from the 60's).
    I really don't a lot of sculpted hidden tangs, partly because there are so many makers that just nail them, and partly because I am focused on other styles. This is only my third one probably.

The sheath is also an old school style, but I also made it capable of being mounted with a Tek Lok or molle lok. It is all hand stitched, dyed and waxed.

Pretty pleased with the whole package.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    I love your Japanese-style pieces but this is maybe my favorite......just phenomenal my friend!!!!! :cool:

3. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    I agree with Dudley. Pretty darn incredible. Every nano meter of that knife speaks to me.

If there is a Seattle show next year, and you're going, you'll have to at least have one on the table. Mike

4. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Man I love that knife! ;)