1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Troubleshooting your pivot: A good trick to know regarding "smoothness".

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by kidcongo, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Don M

Don M

Apr 30, 2000
    A dishwasher does not get nearly hot enough to affect the temper. The detergent plus hot water, however, can affect the edge. You may have to sharpen it afterward.

2. halden.doerge

halden.doerge Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    I love this thread. The only place to go to learn about cleaning Sebenzas in the dishwasher!

3. kidcongo

kidcongo Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 12, 2013
    I hesitate to bump this thread, but here goes nuthin! Still the best way to figure out what's up with yer darn CRK.

Ed G likes this.
  4. gull wing

gull wing Basic Member Basic Member

May 4, 2002
    Thanks Cody, missed this the first time.
    I cut fruit most days, so this is good to know.

Ed G likes this.
  5. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Yeah, reading this, I didn't get that you were being sarcastic. I wouldn't follow this advice myself and thought "is this guy crazy?" but a lot of people are. If there is a way to edit such an old post, I would recommend putting a note that it's a joke, lest someone who doesn't read the whole thread tries the same trick.

Ed G likes this.
  6. kidcongo

kidcongo Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Good point. The internet can be tricky that way. I edited the post to make clear my sarcasm.

Hope all my CRK brothers and sisters are looking forward to a great weekend!

Ed G and blanco112 like this.