1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Turtle-Man's Knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Thrustus, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Thrustus

Thrustus

Jun 16, 2010
    Anyone know exactly what kind of knife Turtle Man uses, at first glance it looked like a Western Bowie, second glance it looked like a Chinese/Pakistani knock off. I really like Turtle Man he's great entertainment.

2. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    [​IMG]

Off topic and obscure, but I couldn't help myself. Sorry! :D

3. Thrustus

Thrustus

Jun 16, 2010
    Is he from Kentucky?

4. smitty44

smitty44

Dec 31, 2006
    Don't know the make,but its a foot long bowie style,and it gos by the name Thunder,and I enjoy his shows also.

5. ConBon

ConBon

Jan 17, 2012
    I was going to post a thread about this, but never got around to it. I HOPE he uses a Western Bowie, because I have one too.
    "That's some live action!"

6. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2010
    That show is great!

I don't know what it is either, but I recall one episode (might be wrong on the specifics) but he was clearing snappers out of a pond after the sun had set because poachers were working it with jug lines. Narrator mentioned he had borrowed a knife from his sidekick to do his poking around because he didn't want to risk loosing Thunder, doesn't sound like a Chinese jobbie. Then again if it was his dad's knife wouldn't matter how cheap it was...

7. longbow

longbow Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 1999
    Looks like a very very rusted up Western Bowie. keepem sharp

8. Thrustus

Thrustus

Jun 16, 2010
    Yip,yip,yip,yeehaaah, Live Action!

9. Bigfatts

Bigfatts

Mar 12, 2012
    Haha, I love the Turtle Man. And Squirrel... I don't know what Thunder is, just some big bowie of ill repute.

10. Kickless

Kickless

Feb 19, 2010
    Nope. But he does like turtles.

11. buckmaster96

buckmaster96

Jan 6, 2012
    i have the exact same knife its 440 a steel made in pakistan

12. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    My boy watches the show and I've seen it a few times, although irregularly. Harmless entertainment.
    Wasn't there an episode in which someone gave him a knife as 'payment'? Maybe that was a different but similar show.

13. Thrustus

Thrustus

Jun 16, 2010
    Busse, Becker or Fehrman should give him one of their knives. Would be good promotion.

14. Thrustus

Thrustus

Jun 16, 2010
    Bear Grylls eats crap, Turtleman swims in it.

15. crom

crom

Mar 29, 2007
    LIVE ACTION! haha, my 7 year old loves taht show, pretty funny at times. Gee, I wonder why it's a nice shade of brown; he swims with it!

16. porkchop3583

porkchop3583

Nov 29, 2012
    buckmaster 96. You said you have the same one but didnt say the model number. It really isnt stated what he has but i think its a bear and son cutlery CB00 bowie. It looks the same and also comes with a d ring sheath that turtleman wears.

17. Robert Carter

Robert Carter

Sep 26, 2011
    My little girl loves the turtle man. The show is pretty entertaining.

A knifemaker should make him a descent Bowie.