1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Two great finds....

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by LKJW, Oct 11, 2012.

1. LKJW

LKJW

Nov 21, 2010
    I got this one for a few bucks a while back before I knew what I had. It started finding its way into my pocket a LOT. I just love it. It's one of THOSE. Hums. Absolutely flawless. Now that I have done my research I know why. Figured you guys needed some more crappy pics. :)

Seriously, though, I never would have thought I would be carrying this knife. I picked it up because it was dirt cheap. It's not dirt cheap. Trust me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one I picked up for even less. I have no idea whether it is a knockoff or what. Just the cranes, no other markings. Good F&F though. Gonna clean it up and see if it likes the pocket. It's a little smaller than a peanut. I get so much joy from getting two nice knives for the price of a sandwich. :) :cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know a little about both these knives, but feel free to educate me further if you like. The Bruckmann (Mann) seems to be a pretty rare pattern. See a lot of them with a corkscrew but not so many without. The kissing crane...got no idea. It's old, I can tell you that.

2. Doug Add

Doug Add

Jan 9, 2012
    Good finds Dan, always nice to bring home an unexpected treasure from the wild!

3. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Very nice Dan! I really like the MANN. Thanks for showing us.

4. LKJW

LKJW

Nov 21, 2010
    Thanks guys. Yeah, the Crane is neat and all, but the Mann is SUCH a nice knife. It isn't much for looks, but it gets the job done but good. And slim and light to boot. Thing is made like a tank.

5. Clem Kadiddlehopper

Clem Kadiddlehopper Leather Craftsman Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 4, 2012
    Those are some nice finds, glad you're carring and enjoying them. - :thumbup:

6. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I have one just like that Bruckmann. The stamp with "Mann" means Bruckmann again, I think. Brucke is German for bridge, so bridge over Mann is a rebus(?) for Bruckmann.

7. LKJW

LKJW

Nov 21, 2010
    Do you like yours as much as I like mine???

8. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Oh, yes. I used to never carry it, or when I did I would reek of oil, because the blades were so shiny I couldn't stand the thought of their rusting. I finally tried the old salt-water sailor's trick of sticking it in a potato for a protective patina, and now it's a knife instead of a curio.

9. LKJW

LKJW

Nov 21, 2010
    Yep. Quality all the way. :thumbup: