1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Ugliest Folders?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by DrOpPoInT1110, May 24, 2012.

1. DrOpPoInT1110

DrOpPoInT1110

Jan 28, 2009
    I was browsing through some online dealer's sites today and found a few knives that I just couldn't help but think "why would they make that?" I'm not talking about fantasy, or cheap Chinese made knives. So, just for fun, post the ugliest folders you've seen produced by a reputable manufacturer (production or custom). One in particular that has always struck me as just plain UGLY is the Spyderco Chokwe. I know it is meant to have a traditional design but I think some knives just shouldn't be modernized. ;) Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

2. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Somehow I knew a Spyderco would be mentioned here. :D

3. bh49

bh49 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 27, 2005
    +1
    They are just jealous :D

4. Snigel

Snigel

May 27, 2011
    The BM Adamas is really really ugly..

5. OrdnanceBubbaUSMC

OrdnanceBubbaUSMC

May 23, 2004
    5.11 has several

6. Jaytaylor

Jaytaylor

Feb 9, 2012
    Pictures?

7. Snigel

Snigel

May 27, 2011
    I thought about adding a picture, but I couldn't risk throwing op on my laptop..

8. DrOpPoInT1110

DrOpPoInT1110

Jan 28, 2009
  9. seelow123

seelow123

Oct 4, 2008
    The Chokwe is beautiful. You have to hold one and use it to see the inner beauty;)
    (Old pic)
    [​IMG]

10. DrOpPoInT1110

DrOpPoInT1110

Jan 28, 2009
    Will, is it actually comfortable in hand? It doesn't look like it at all.

11. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam

Apr 24, 2006
    hahah when i saw the title of the thread and the first 2 sentences of your post i immediately thought chokwe as well :p.

another one for me is kershaw et, zt 0400 and and most of the surefire folders

12. DrOpPoInT1110

DrOpPoInT1110

Jan 28, 2009
    Haha. I agree on the Surefire folders...you would never catch me carrying or even owning one of those. They seem very expensive for what they are as well (it is Surefire though) ;) .

13. shqxk

shqxk

Mar 26, 2012
    Some people cant stand a big hole on the blade doesnt mean to be jealous.

14. seelow123

seelow123

Oct 4, 2008
    It's very comfortable. You wouldn't think so but it is. I really like how the end of the handle flairs out a bit, It keeps your grip right behind the pivot. My only gripe is that there isn't any gimping, I don't want to look like nutnfancy complaining whenever a knife doesn't have gimping but it would have helped on this knife.

If you ever think about getting one, I could send mine to you to try out before you buy it.

15. seelow123

seelow123

Oct 4, 2008
    I'd have to agree on all of those but I have always wanted an E.T just to play around with. Pretty unique opening/closing mech.

16. jill jackson

jill jackson Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. jill jackson

jill jackson Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Best looking Spyderco ever made.

[​IMG]

18. Snigel

Snigel

May 27, 2011
    NOOOO! :barf:

19. DrOpPoInT1110

DrOpPoInT1110

Jan 28, 2009
    The E.T. is a really cool knife. I used to have one a while ago. Wish I never got rid of it.

20. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam

Apr 24, 2006
    haha yeah the et does have an interesting opening/closing mechanism *watch your fingers! lol*

regarding the chokwe, ive seen mods done that have made it appear more comfortable/attractive by rounding/grinding the top butt area of the handle.