Venom by Logan Pearce

Logan Pearce

Awesome Sauce Smith (A.S.S)
One of the only knives that I've finished lately that was actually worth posting on here. :p

Venom11.jpg

I call her Venom.
OAL: Just over 9"
Blade Length: 4 1/2"

I did 360 layers of a twist pattern in 5160/15N20 to try to match the handle material. I thought the handle material looked awesome until I tried to carve it. I still need a lot of practice with doing it, but I was pretty happy with the way the knife came out. Anyway! I hope ya like it.

Logan Pearce

Last edited:
Very nice, handle looks like it might be that three dimensional C-tek material. I haven't tried any yet so I'm not sure, but it looks close to the pics I've seen.

Nice work. The rough "serrated" area of the blade toward the ricasso is really interesting, I kinda like it! Haven't seen anything like that.

Thanks, guys! You know I saw the material on a folder at the Arkansas show earlier this year. I asked around a little bit about it and all anyone ever told me was they thought it was Aztec gold. I'm not a pirate or anything, but I kept looking. Eventually I found this and they told me it was Onyx with gold veining. I got it regardless and after drilling and carving it, I found out that it was man made. Jantz carries it I believe. :D I do know that it will crack though. This was the second set I tried, because after peening the pins and everything, I found that the back pin had cracked.

And I did a knife in C-tec because I thought it looked cool too. I'll try anything that looks neat. It turned out like this:

Cataclysm1.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know you were on BFC Logan, you need to post here more often! I hear ya about the synthetic materials Jantz sells, I used the turquoise for a project and had a couple chips and then a big crack. Btw, the synthetic mother of pearl is MUCH easier to work with, I've used the black and haven't had a problem with it.

Absolutely love the knife! :thumbup:

Yep! I'm here. I try not to post very many of my knives. I don't want to water down the quality of custom knives that are posted here. I've never used synthetic MoP. On types of handle material like that, I try to keep to the real stuff. I couldn't pass up seeing what one of my knives would look like with the veined onyx though.

As always, thank you. :)

That first one is cool! Looks like Galbatorix EDC :D I like the random "serrated" portion.

Red

Back