1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Vintage info for you axe hound's who use em

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by COAL CREEK FORGE, Sep 10, 2012.

1. COAL CREEK FORGE

COAL CREEK FORGE

Mar 7, 2008
    I ran across an OLD Hand me down recently and thought some of you might find some of the info of use.I'll down load more photo's as the thread grow's and maybe someone with more clout will turn it into a sticky.They don't make book's like this anymore so you may want to make copy's and enlarge them for future reference.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You may have to squint alittle to read the word's__ENJOY:thumbup:

2. nickzdon

nickzdon

Mar 3, 2011
    Actually reprints of this are still available. It's currently published under the title of "Musson's Lumber and Log Pocket Book," although I think the title changed quite a bit over time.

3. COAL CREEK FORGE

COAL CREEK FORGE

Mar 7, 2008
    That's good to hear,i'll have to find out where i can pick up a new copy and put this one away

4. nickzdon

nickzdon

Mar 3, 2011
    Yeah, the historical aspect of that one is irreplaceable. What's the title of it? I think this book was sold to different timber and lumber companies for them to put their own names on.

5. nickzdon

nickzdon

Mar 3, 2011
    Yeah, the historical aspect of that one is irreplaceable. What's the title of it? I think this book was sold to different timber and lumber companies for them to put their own names on.

6. zakkmann

zakkmann

Dec 8, 2010
  7. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    That looks like a great book. Thanks for calling our attention to it. Looks like it's available to read online or download for free:

[​IMG]

Read online:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=lqpIAAAAYAAJ&ots=N9MNNQqMZV&dq=lumber%20log&pg=PA129#v=onepage&q&f=false

Download free .pdf
    http://books.google.com/books/download/Scribner_s_lumber_log_book.pdf?id=lqpIAAAAYAAJ&hl=en&capid=AFLRE73QgjinCULjBIPDpSTJO0b3dgNQNecXbx5r8DLYW-x3L913Im-RT1idleCuFxfChFiE664zPBoqRiWQYvxdujtT09weuQ&continue=http://books.google.com/books/download/Scribner_s_lumber_log_book.pdf%3Fid%3DlqpIAAAAYAAJ%26output%3Dpdf%26hl%3Den
    (after entering the captcha code to download it, the zoom needed to be set to 200% to read easily on my computer)

8. d.weglarz13

d.weglarz13 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Thanks for the links.....some cool info. Even tells you how to "cure a scratch on a horse." i thought that was funny..

............and thanks for a look at that old book. Do you know what year the book that you have is? Looks pretty damn old! cool stuff