Vintage lobsters let's show'em

I've been coming back to this thread again and again, Charles. Thanks for taking the time to share your awesome collection with us.

Thanks the pleasure is mine. I'm hoping others will continue to share their lobsters as well, as there is such great quality and workmanship in these beauties for all of us to celebrate.

Here is an unusual EC SIMMONS KEEN KUTTER #K4037 4 BLD PEARL LOBSTER KNIFE This Little Beauty Measures 3" Closed. This is a sleeveboard whittler lobster, similar to an orangeblossom. Charles

View attachment 264060View attachment 264061View attachment 264062

This thread/collection is incredible. I love pearl handled knives and these lobsters are just cool. I've never handled or even seen one in person. I'd love to own one but wouldn't know where to start.

I wish GEC would do a knife like these.

Here is a much lesser known brand PAPE-THIEBES small (2 1/2") sleeveboard lobster milled n/s liners. Marked PAPE- / THIEBES / CUTLERY / CO. (1903-1929). PAPE-THIEBES CUTLERY CO. was an import agency based in St. Louis. Most of their knives were made in Germany. Charles

View attachment 264820View attachment 264821

This stag scaled lobster is by Thomas Turner & Company Ltd. of Sheffield. The condition of the scissors and button-hook make me wish for the services described in the firm's centennial pamphlet, published in 1902:
One of the most interesting departments of these works is the pen-knife hospital, established for the convenience of the numerous customers of the company who send in through the retail trade old pen-knives to be repaired. From the dilapidated condition of some of the knives undergoing treatment in the hospital, it must be assumed that only sentiment can have induced the owners to ask for them to be repaired, as in many cases the repairs cost more than a new knife. A classic case of repair was that of a five-bladed knife, which was sent in requiring five new blades and a new spring and scales, the only part of it still good being the brass divisions on the inside.
At least the cigar fork is still functional.

Attachments

• lobster stag Turner001.jpg
    lobster stag Turner001.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 23
I think this one is an H & B , Humason & Beckley (1852-1916). Stamps are poor and hard to read. The liners are all nicely milled nickel silver. The closed length is 3-1/8 inches. Note the different file, more like the file on some serpentine versions. Charles

View attachment 264915View attachment 264916

Back