1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Wallet breaking cards

Discussion in 'SaddleBack Leather Company' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Mar 11, 2012.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ

Dec 30, 2008
    Hey guys. I have a medium bifold wallet. Love the wallet to death but it's broken more than it's fair share of cards. has anyone found a fix for this? Is there a revised wallet that doesnt break the cards or am i a rare case?

2. mshambone

mshambone

Sep 5, 2005
    When I had the medium wallet, I ended up just stacking the cards and sliding them in the slot underneath the top three outer slots. I slid insurance cards, pics, and bike registration into one of the plastic photo things and put that into the other slot under the other top three pockets. It worked until I ended up getting something else.

Matt

3. JohnS

JohnS

Apr 14, 2002
    I wrote to saddleback about mine breaking my CC.
    They sent me a replacement, but I can't see how it wouldn't do the same thing.
    I don't think they changed anything recently, but I haven't tried it.

4. euroross

euroross Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2008
    I had the same issue. So I got rid of it.

5. 1sharpedge

1sharpedge

May 1, 2006
    I had the same issue with my saddleback small id wallet broke the 2 cards that i put in the outside slot that covers about 2/3 of the cards, looking for something better now, nice wallet but dont want to replace cards every 6-12 months.

6. drbobguy

drbobguy

Jan 29, 2006
    This is why I got the narrow wallet. You stack 4-5 cards in each of the two slots and they are impossible to bend since they're all one stack together.

7. armstrong*skier

armstrong*skier

Apr 27, 2009
    why is it that I hear all the bad things about these wallets AFTER I put in my order for the medium bifold?!

8. TekNyc

TekNyc

Mar 29, 2011
    Why is this happening? Has this been a recent problem? I just ordered mine and now I'm worried.

9. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ

Dec 30, 2008
    Well. Like the standup company that they are, they're sending me a new wallet. I've lost 3 cards to it though. So I'll see how the new wallet does

10. rustyshackelford

rustyshackelford

Jun 15, 2009
    The wallet I owned before my medium bifold from Saddleback broke my cards but my current wallet from Saddleback hasn't caused any damage at all. Its strange you guys are experiencing this problem.

11. TekNyc

TekNyc

Mar 29, 2011
    Does everyone carry it in their back pocket possibly putting more stress on it or something?

12. JohnS

JohnS

Apr 14, 2002
    Nope - I bought the medium because my large is big for my front pocket.
    I probably won't keep my medium, but I think I'll hang onto the large.
    I can fit the large into my front pocket - just a little tough getting it in and out.

13. TekNyc

TekNyc

Mar 29, 2011
    Then what's the cause of the card breaks? Just a tight fit in the slots?

14. JohnS

JohnS

Apr 14, 2002
    I think tight fit combined with opening the wallet to get cash out and there is still a little stress on it even in the front pocket.

15. Pjake

Pjake Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2011
    I have a medium (coffee) from about 2 years ago that chewed up cards with great regularity. A little over a year ago I purchased a second one in tobacco, that was an improvement but still bulky. In between purchased a small in tobacco but my credit card in the cc slot came up too high (at parity) with the top of the money slot. I've just given up on Saddleback wallets and moved on to Makr. I do, however, LOVE my iPad 2 case and covet a satchel.

Peter

16. TekNyc

TekNyc

Mar 29, 2011
    Just got an email from the company. They have since modified the wallets so it should no longer break cards.

17. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ

Dec 30, 2008
    I'll compare the wallets and we'll see.

18. JohnS

JohnS

Apr 14, 2002
    Was it modified between 12/4/11 and 2/21 /12. I got my first in December and received a replacement a couple weeks ago.
    Haven't opened up the new one since it looks the same and I can see that it also has the "Blue" logo inside.

19. TekNyc

TekNyc

Mar 29, 2011
    Not sure about the particulars. You should email them. They will respond.

20. JohnS

JohnS

Apr 14, 2002
    Mine was supposed to be the new design but possibly deffective.
    I've already switched to one from the link I posted and it has worked out well for me.
    Been carrying it for almost a month now.
    Good luck with yours!