Want a glass platen

I use a Wilton 2x72 square wheel and would like to improve the platen surface. Anyone know where I can find the pyroceramic glass platen I've seen referenced?

You can find it on Ebay.

Ebay, usaknifemaker, high temp tools, jantz...

If you have a city of any size, a good glass supplier / glazier can supply and cut "fireplace glass"

The knifemakers suppliers prices are marked up plus shipping.

Shipping glass can mean breakage

I don't know about 'ferroceramic', but I went to a local glass shop and had him cut me two pieces of 'fireplace glass'...it was a long time ago but I don't think it was much over $10 for both

I just broke one and got two from Pop's knife supply. Just call 'em. I called on Friday and had them on Monday.

i just ordered 2 pieces from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Knife-Makin...Glass-for-Fireplace-and-Grinding/371746185395

Great service and prices. I've been running my new glass for a few weeks, no issues.

This is where I started to get mine after USAKnifeMaker was out of stock for the umpteenth time. Incidentally, they're also the lowest priced I've ever found, and the cuts seem to be cleaner and "square"er than I've gotten from elsewhere in the past. They're the only place I'll buy from anymore.

Back