Warenski Integral Mughal Khanjar Dagger & Sheath (Circa 2001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many Warenski integrals around. Buster did only a few, during the period 2000 t0 2002. A pretty cool one, IMHO.

As I understand the story, Buster was going to make two of this type dagger, but never finished the second one.
A hair under 12" overall, blade (handrubbed satin finish) a tiny bit under 7", handle (beadblasted) and blade from one of block of 440-C.

Better images will come later.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Last edited:
Being all steel it is quite different from his other more embellished knives, but I really like it. That's because the shapes and curves really appeal to me, as is the difference between polished and matte!! Very understated.

Bob, is it yours?? if so great catch!!

Marcel

Being all steel it is quite different from his other more embellished knives, but I really like it. That's because the shapes and curves really appeal to me, as is the difference between polished and matte!! Very understated.

Bob, is it yours?? if so great catch!!

Marcel

Incidentally, the above post included the same image twice, which I've now corrected - so as to show both sides. Marcel, yes, it is.

Bob

Incidentally, the above post included the same image twice, which I've now corrected - so as to show both sides. Marcel, yes, it is.

Bob

Heck, Bob...you keep going the way you are, you'll be the nicest dressed homeless living-out-of-his car person that I have ever known....with an amazing knife collection.:D

Beautiful knife, awesome execution.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Heck, Bob...you keep going the way you are, you'll be the nicest dressed homeless living-out-of-his car person that I have ever known....with an amazing knife collection.:D

Beautiful knife, awesome execution.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Yeah, STeven, picture in your mind - me walking down the street, "flashing" my coat, but with Warenskis affixed into the side pockets.:D:D

orig.jpg

Last edited:
NICE acquisition Bob! Something VERY different but also very elegant. Would never have thought of Buster without knowing he made it.

Peter

Now that is a very interesting Warinski. Certainly a nice addition to your collection, Bob.

Awesome. If I'm not mistaken, Buster Warenski did at least 3 khanjars. There's this one, the one in David Darom's book, and then he was commissioned once to re-handle a real khanjar blade.

Nice pick up. ;)

anything with 'Warenski' on it always gets my respect and admiration, but this one is beyond the beyond.

My personal feeling is that this is one of his best. Keepin in mind that I've handled only one Warenski ever, (which I consider personally to be his best);
IMG_6136.jpg

That's the one. I don't know if he re-handled the blade or re-bladed the handle. In any case, it is stunning. The handle is typical of mughal work. They didn't go for sublety.

Bob, "pretty cool" is an understatement... :)
What a beautiful and completely different art knife relative to what
can be seen on the Forum!

That's the one. I don't know if he re-handled the blade or re-bladed the handle. In any case, it is stunning. The handle is typical of mughal work. They didn't go for sublety.

Julie did the handle and inlays, Buster ground the blade...
This was one of Buster’s favorite pieces, it was created as a result of his long term
interactions with Dr. Larry Marton, friend and collector, including the study of many
antique Jambiyas. With this piece, Buster probably surpassed the ancient masters.
Overall length 15 3/16” (386 mm)

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Last edited:
Another superlative piece my friend......absolutely stunning. :)

He kept the elements simple, however, the artistry is commandingly complex.

medium800.jpg

Bob has asked me if I'd spend some time capturing this one. Sometime in the near future. (It may take MUCH longer to finish than he's aware. LOL! ;))

Magnificent focus of your collection, Bob. Thanks for the post.

Coop

What a collection indeed ! I never heard of this one, though I focus only on integrals and saw quite a few. Thanks for showing. And I can't wait to see it shooted by Coop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back