1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Was this a good purchase?

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by canyon56, Jun 21, 2012.

1. canyon56

canyon56

Jun 7, 2012
  2. T Schloz

T Schloz

Oct 3, 2001
    Looks like you did just fine. The C is the date code, made in 1995.

Tom

3. Stumps

Stumps Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2011
    It looks like it was a "C" with a dot inside it which is a 2011 model. Without my notes to look at, a "C" with no dot would be a 1995?

About average buy since there was no shipping charges. You have a great knife!!

4. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned BANNED

Nov 6, 2009
    I think you did real well on that auction......the free shipping makes quite a difference.

I also think I see a dot in the C......which means 2011. Otherwise, if no dot, 1995.

Now that you're started with e-Bay Bucking.......pick among the older vintage types and start a collection.

It's a lot of fun hunting them down.

Good luck!

5. imafritz

imafritz

Dec 30, 2008
    Yeah, if it is in like new condition, you did well-Wally has raised priced to 34-35 bucks around here.

6. Pack Rat

Pack Rat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2006
    WOW,,I tried that link and got this full screen warning that it is a fraudulent website from my virus protection. So I backed out. Very interesting.

Wallys around here still have 110's for a little less than $30 drive out, or did a couple weeks ago. But their knife section is getting really poor. Cheap junk that Moms buy for gifts, that don't know any better.

Hummm,,, Maybe Buck should go after the Mom market. Educate them on quality and warranty things. A good Buck is still well within reason of some of the junk in Wallys bin.

7. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned BANNED

Nov 6, 2009
    The link is e-Bay, so the warning you got must have been a glitch of some kind, Packrat.

Is your anti-virus a real sensitive one?

8. Pack Rat

Jan 27, 2006
    Must be, its Norton, provided by Comcast. I haven't logged into my ebay account yet to check it.

Norton has caught a bunch of crapola here lately and stopped it that none of the others caught.

Puters.....ugh....

Guess I will run some scans...

9. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned BANNED

Nov 6, 2009
    I have Norton 360.

It's the only thing I use and it's totally automatic. Been using it a couple years now without problems.

I never hear from it but part of that might be because I use Firefox as a browser instead of Internet Explorer.

It may that there's a temporary glitch between e-Bay and your Norton or your browser.

10. canyon56

canyon56

Jun 7, 2012
    Thanks for all the helpful comments! You all sure know your Bucks! Once the knife arrives I will let everyone know if it is a 2011 or 1995.

11. Pack Rat

Jan 27, 2006
    I agree TV, that this will be a 2011 knife.

Another reason, I doubt that there were that many cordura sheaths in 1995. But whaddaiknow..:eek:

Yeah BG, just some weird glitch. Finally worked clicking the link as well as opening ebay. And my bowser is the ff one as well, with latest version. weird science.

12. Pack Rat

Jan 27, 2006
    Let us know also, if that sheath is both vertical and horizontal carry.
    If it is, you got a bonus there.

13. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    It's a 2011. Here's a blown up, rotated and cropped picture of the tang showing the C with the dot in it.

[​IMG]

14. bucksforus

bucksforus Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    The problem with Ebay yesterday was a problem between Ebay and Norton. It cleared up later in the late evening. There wasn't a virus problem---I hope--lol.
    Harold

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  15. canyon56

canyon56

Jun 7, 2012
    Thanks! That is definitely a 2011.

16. jec88

jec88

Mar 6, 2012
    I just bought a 2012 at Wal-Mart this morning on the way to work so I can tell you exactly what I paid/ ($38.12 after taxes) so with your free shipping, looks like a good deal to me.

17. RAZORBLADES

RAZORBLADES

Aug 14, 2006
    I would rather have an older model,does anyoe else notice the quality of older 110's is much better than the new stuff?

18. canyon56

canyon56

Jun 7, 2012
    What years do you think are the "best" quality?

19. jec88

jec88

Mar 6, 2012
    I was wondering the same thing. I've not handled an older 110 so I can't answer that on the Hunter, but I do have a 2011/112 and just bought a 2 dot 112 Ranger. They are different beasts, but quality-wise the new Ranger is right there in my opinion.
    But I was wondering that also about the Hunter, say from 1990 to date, are there any variations that make certain ones stand out??

20. RAZORBLADES

RAZORBLADES

Aug 14, 2006
    2001 and older the quality is there.I've never seen problems like i see on the newr knives with anything 2001 and older.