Watched Forums is empty

The threads I've subscribed to on the old software are present under "Watched Threads" but the subforums that I subscribed to are not present under "Watched Forums."

Do they show up if you re subscribe?

oops. Wrong thread.

Last edited:
Mine got lost, but no biggie. I rebuilt them in five mins.

I went through again and chose my new 'watched forums'. It's simple: Go through the forums again, click on one you watched, and once in, on the RH top is a small tag: 'Follow Forum'. Done.

I had to do it manually as well. Unfortunately I get alerts every time someone posts a new thread, though!

Mine got lost, but no biggie. I rebuilt them in five mins.

I went through again and chose my new 'watched forums'. It's simple: Go through the forums again, click on one you watched, and once in, on the RH top is a small tag: 'Follow Forum'. Done.

I feel rather stupid for having to ask this; but I really have looked...

I never used this feature before, because it was easy enough to get to the specific forums I wanted; but, with the amount of scrolling it takes now, I thought it might help. I've followed a few forums...but I can't see that it does anything beneficial - I still have to scroll just as far to access them, I can't find anything in my menu options that offers easier access to them or new threads. (I don't care about post notifications)
What, exactly, does following a forum accomplish? And how do I access it?

hhmoore: If you 'Watch' a forum there is a specific tab you can click on which is for just that: 'Watched Forums'. It's up there in Watched Threads, Featured Threads, Search, and other things.

I have fifteen forums I follow. That's all. So I set my 'Home page' bookmark on BF to the link for Watched Forums. I am only left with fifteen choices of my selections on that page. Easy. No scrolling. I can always GET to all the other forums clicking the real home page link, but to keep it brief and relevant to MY interests, I use the Watched Forums feature.

It was the equivalent of the Control Panel / Settings in the last version.

I lied, it didn't work. :p

What box/s should I untick?
Sorry. It's slightly more complicated.
Go to your Watched Forums page. Check the little box next to a forum. There's a drop menu that says "With selected" You can enable or disable alerts. Good luck.

Sorry. It's slightly more complicated.
Go to your Watched Forums page. Check the little box next to a forum. There's a drop menu that says "With selected" You can enable or disable alerts. Good luck.

Aha! That did the trick. Cheers :)

Thanks. The three dot drop down menu, lol. I looked there; but probably before I had actually clicked to watch any, so it didn't register.

I never used this feature before, because it was easy enough to get to the specific forums I wanted; but, with the amount of scrolling it takes now, I thought it might help.
If you are using the Flat Awesome styles there's nowhere near as much scrolling now.

Thanks, Spark.
I'd switched to Flat Awesome back when it was still basically like the default; was struggling with something (don't remember what), and switched it back to default & forgot about it.
Flat awesome also put the Watched forums right in the navigation bar, as opposed to hiding it in that drop down.

Back