1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Welcome to Joufuu Leathers forum

Discussion in 'Joufuu Leathers' started by bonafide, Dec 10, 2015.

1. bonafide

bonafide Jou'Fuu Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    Hey everyone.

Thanks for visiting my little corner of bladeforums. For those unfamiliar with me, my name is Bud. For the most part, I make fixed blade leather sheaths, but I have made a few biker and minimalist wallets as well. I live in a NW burb of Atlanta, Ga. and I am a Knife-a-holic.

I've been collecting knives since I was a kid, inspired by my Grandparents 'collecting' which may have been a slight bit of hoarding. I started making leather for myself a few years back when I became hooked on 'drop thru the top' traditional tomahawks and I needed sheaths for these custom one off tomahawks. That hobby/collection grew when I discovered the world of Custom Knife Makers. I tried my hand at making knives but discovered I was more drawn to the leather sheath aspect of it. IOW, I make a better sheath than I do a knife. lol.

My sheaths focus around bush-craft style fixed blades. I'm sorry to say I can not take on custom orders or really any orders at this time. I work a full time 'day job' and leather sheath making is a hobby. I will take 'requests for builds' tho. If there's some style or size you'd like to see made - let me know and I'll put on my 'build board'. I'll list what sheaths I have available 'for sale' on a weekly basis here in my forum. They're offered on a first 'I'll take it' basis.

As things grow for me here I'm sure I'll make changes along the way. If you have a concern, idea, etc .. please PM me or email me [[email protected]].com

Thanks,

Bud

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. ttowntrader

ttowntrader

Aug 20, 2013
    So exciting! Congrats my friend!

3. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Bud, do you think it would be a good idea for customers to post their sheaths on this thread or maybe a new thread so that prospective customers can get an idea of your work?

4. bonafide

Jul 20, 2013
    I'll add a 'picture thread' for folks like yourself to post pics .. and you got some good ones for sure!

5. Wilsonhome

Wilsonhome Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2014
    You got your own place on the forum. Awesome & congratulations! Looking forward to dropping in occasionally to see how things are going and hopefully sharking the occasional sheath.

6. TxSportsman

TxSportsman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Congrats!

7. bear71

bear71 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Nice one Bud!

8. SA Condor

SA Condor Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Not to shabby for a hobbyist, lol!

9. Texas_toothpick

Texas_toothpick

Apr 16, 2015
    Congrats on your new hole in the wall. You have fantastic work.

10. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Congrats Bud! I like your new avatar :thumbup:;)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  11. bonafide

Jul 20, 2013
    Leveled up to 4th dan black belt in Jou Fuu!! :D

12. Todd Isa 53

Todd Isa 53

Apr 19, 2010
    Cool.

13. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Welcome aboard Bud! Congratulations on the new forum. Your leatherwork is beautiful!

14. catalystman80

catalystman80

May 1, 2013
    Congrats Bud, just based on how well your sheaths sell on Tuesdays alone, I'm sure you'll do very well.

15. cmroberts1

cmroberts1

Mar 4, 2014
    Congrats, Bud!

Martin

16. MajorD

MajorD Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Great to see your forum up and running Bud! Congrats and I look forward to spending a lot of time here.