1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Important Info! Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. Software changes & FAQ info inside!

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    Your posts or someone else's because there's a link or tab for that when viewing either

2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks for the reply :thumbsup: A couple of other members have very kindly let me know where I can find the tab :thumbsup:

3. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I multi-quoted often on the old site and never had to deselect the quoted posts after I posted my quote-filled one. Great feature, but I don't think it's new.

- GT

4. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Does anyone know how to email through the forum? I'm going to need to use that feature to communicate to other members while I figure out how to deal with having 180% of the maximum messages allowed.

5. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2006
    How do I make it LESS white? My poor old eyes.... :cool:

6. pleasanthill

pleasanthill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 12, 2015
    Click the button in the lower left default Style and choose FA + Dark

2017-04-18_10-35-07.png

Ramrodmb and Buffalohump like this.
  7. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    I still cannot figure out how to close a thread! I Consolidated a sales thread and cannot figure out how to close the previous one-Thanks, liking the new setup

8. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Looking good! Forgive me if this has been asked and answered (I searched this thread for "reverse" and "chronological" but found neither)....is it possible to display the posts in a thread in reverse chronological order? The newest first? I used to be able to do that and it would be cool to be able to do that again.

Thanks!

9. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I've noticed that when you click the Conversations Envelope at the top of the page and click "Show All" all conversations are shown both outgoing and incoming. There is a box that says "Inbox" but no box saying "Outbox". In other words, both sides of the conversation is shown on the same page now - no separate inbox page and no separate outbox page.

10. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    I do see your message. So it seems new messages are GTG, but my old ones are gone. I had about 4 pages worth.

11. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Confirmed. Investigating this.

Unknown, try messing with preferences and report back.

PMs have become conversations (essentially private threads between you and the person you are talking to.) As such there's no need for an outbox or inbox - both sent & received messages show in the same conversation.

Modoc ED likes this.
  12. thurin

thurin Wanderer Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2012
    That's how it imports the old PMs. Going forward any new ones will be threaded. There is no inbox our outbox.

ETA: too slow, Spark beat me to it.

13. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Will do.

14. pleasanthill

pleasanthill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 12, 2015

I was looking for this as well, looks like it would need to be an addon after doing a little research.

15. LastRodeo

Nov 2, 2013
    Spark. Is email through the forum not an option any longer?

16. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Unlike vBulletin, XenForo does not allow users to contact each other via email. I'm trying to figure out how to handle that. This may require another thread as it deserves lengthy discussion.

12345678910 likes this.
  17. LastRodeo

Nov 2, 2013
    I just renewed my Gold membership. I don't mind upgrading my membership to Platinum to get me over this message limit hump, if I can get the prorated Gold cost applied to the Platinum membership.

18. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
  19. LastRodeo

Nov 2, 2013
    I will give it a try. I don't see the Platinum option on the Mobile version, so I will have to do it when I get to a PC.

20. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I just brought up Blade Forums on my Kindle. Works just like it does on my desktop - just more cumbersome to type (poke) the letters in.

Is a Kindle what they call an Android?

Pertinux (Sarah) said I was on the cutting edge. Maybe she's got something there!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.