Important Info! Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. Software changes & FAQ info inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was cumbersome scrolling down to get to your desired forum but by clicking on "Watch forum" in your desired forums you can then click on "Watched Forums" at the top and you'll get a manageable list of the forums you're watching. Mine is only about a dozen so it makes it kind of tidy,

When you create the new styles, please have one that emulates the previous settings
I liked it.

In this displayed style, I find
white text on light blue,
light blue, and even lighter blue or light grey harder and harder to read.

I love the black text on white background, but the other gradients are hard to see

In multiple page threads, the page numbers are hidden until you hover.
I prefer to see them all the time.

Please eliminate scrolling

I agree with the previous comments on making the pinned posts more visible as as they were.

In pages with embedded video, the links/code now show and the videos are not embedded-broken
http://www.bladeforums.com/index.php?threads/the-youtube-and-video-link-thread.1024667/
Also WC pages too.

I really liked the shortcut menu built into the toolbar / menu bar

I have a question, will admin/mods be able to read private conversations/PM's now?

See there was a link to the addons for this new forum software, and I found this.
https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/addons/monitor-personal-conversations

1234,,,:)

Plugin or not it can be done. Not so easy without a plugin of sorts for mods but anyone with a small amount of knowledge of databases can read them provide they have access to the DB. It would be quite misleading to label them private messages if mods had simple access to just go and read anyone's messages frivolously. I'm sure if BF was in the habit of reading people's messages thier lawyers would suggest they just call them messages or something other than private messages. Rest assured they aren't encrypted either way so reading them is possible regardless.

Plugin or not it can be done. Not so easy without a plugin of sorts for mods but anyone with a small amount of knowledge of databases can read them provide they have access to the DB. It would be quite misleading to label them private messages if mods had simple access to just go and read anyone's messages frivolously. I'm sure if BF was in the habit of reading people's messages thier lawyers would suggest they just call them messages or something other than private messages. Rest assured they aren't encrypted either way so reading them is possible regardless.
The only people who have access to the DB are myself, my tech guys and our hosting provider. Nobody on the BladeForums side, from me down, has web access to read your private messages, and nobody ever will short of me having to render them over to law enforcement after a subpoena

Yours expired on Friday.

Fixed.
------------------
Working on other issues, I am monitoring this thread though, don't think I'm ignoring you if I didn't respond
Screenshot20170416at3_47_10PM-vi.png

The only people who have access to the DB are myself, my tech guys and our hosting provider. Nobody on the BladeForums side, from me down, has web access to read your private messages, and nobody ever will short of me having to render them over to law enforcement after a subpoena

That's was exactly what I was thinking you'd say if you commented back. Thanks for all the hard work. I'm a systems admin by day and we keep our DB's on a very very very tight leash.

Hope you haven't pulled out too much hair on this one.

Please set up some colour schemes for the message board when you are able to. So long as one of them is dark/black background with light/white text I will be happy. I find it much easier on the eyes.

Now that posts can be liked let the like whoring begin.

Thank you Keven for all the hard work that must go into managing somthing with as many moveing parts as This Amazing Place. I'm very greatful and happy to be a small part of this knife knut riddled community ;)

Archives should be locked down again

I have a platinum membership. It said I had 111% of useage with only a limit of 200 messages. The platinum feature box says that plats were upgraded from 300 to 500. In any case, I had read to go in and delete messages down past 100 %. I did, and I suppose I can send a message, but the 200 overall message number is still there. Can this be finally clarified? Thanks, Spark

From all the input I have read above, this seems to be common problem, but for the life of me I can't find where there has been a complete explanation of how to fix. Thanks again

I have a platinum membership. It said I had 111% of useage with only a limit of 200 messages. The platinum feature box says that plats were upgraded from 300 to 500. In any case, I had read to go in and delete messages down past 100 %. I did, and I suppose I can send a message, but the 200 overall message number is still there. Can this be finally clarified? Thanks, Spark

From the very first post:
  • Private messaging has now become "Conversations" - private messages from before the move are still separated out as individual replies, but from today forward if you message someone, it will be a threaded conversation. PM quotas have been increased vastly as a result.

You can have 200 conversations and a total of 500 messages.

I am liking it so far. Great work and appreciated the updates on the page during the down time. I am putting another vote in for the black background and white writing. Been years since I have seen it any other way and it's burning my eyes lol

From the very first post:

You can have 200 conversations and a total of 500 messages.
I may not be the only person who misunderstood the distinction between the other forum's word "message" and the new forum's word "conversation". This made me realize I was equating the two as the same. GOT IT and thanks, I finally understand, thanks to your italics, lol.

Bob

Just figured out the clarification with PM's. :)

Thanks, Spark, and everyone, for all the hard work that's gone into this.

~Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back