1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Important Info! Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. Software changes & FAQ info inside!

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I thought I had read that there would be an increase in message storage - but mine now shows a max of 50 (a reduction), and I'm over capacity so I cannot send messages.

This new set-up is going to take a lot of getting used to. Even figuring out how to turn off some of the more annoying features has been a tedious process (and some can't actually be turned off - as far as I can find - but I've limited access to the point that it should functionally be the same thing)

2. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Good to go! Thanks Spark!

3. Dopic1

Dopic1 Amatuer Grinder Jockey Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013

Understood, but when I try to start a new conversation it tells me my box is full and cannot start a conversation.

4. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Please, yes. Total agreement. This is super irritating.
    Thanks, Neal

5. 1234

1234 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2005
  6. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Message sent

7. Low_rez

Low_rez Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I have the same question. What is the best way to post pictures now?

8. 1234

1234 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Test pix

Imgur share link
    [​IMG]

Copied image adress and pasted in the forum image thinghy.
    [​IMG]

Both seems to work!

1234,,,:)

9. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    [​IMG]

The above was done with bbcode - Imgur's generated IMG links

10. froggy

froggy

Nov 17, 2005
    how can i find the exchange ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

11. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    The software currently will allow me to open or close any thread.

12. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    No you can't. ;)

13. Arick

Arick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I'm typically a fan of the darker variety website but this looks really nice and looks like you really busted your butt on this Spark I can't wait to use all the features have a great evening.

14. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    Had to reset my BF shortcut. The front page is looking better. Will be much better if it all gets set up like the exchange is now.

15. A-MAC

A-MAC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2014
    The way the sub forums are laid out for the Exchange looks great and would definitely cut down on the scrolling complaint.

16. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    still not allowed to post new threads in the knifemaker section .

17. hkyew

hkyew

Apr 3, 2007
    @Spark

There's been a SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUE with you site since even before this migration. I noticed this started happening last month. Basically your member login function is INSECURE! When you try to login/signup to the forum, you will enter username & password and the browser will make a HTTP POST request to this URL which will authenticate user: http://www.bladeforums.com/index.php?login/login

In any website that request user to submit their username & PW, the connection need to be secure, i.e. using SSL/TLS via HTTPS so that those sensitive personal information such as password, credit card number, contact info, address etc. are encrypted so that no "man in the middle" can sniff those info. As this moment, all previously mentioned personal info by your users are unencrypted and can be stolen by any party that's sniffing traffic to your site, i.e. ISP, hosting provider, or some real malicious party trying to steal private info.

In short, all your users who logged in to this forums recently are f**ked, including myself, as im taking a risk by logging in and telling you this, because i really love this forums and would like to participate more, when it's more secure.

HOW TO FIX? (show your network/hosting/web admin this and they should know what to do, if not, fire them)
    - Ensure that you use a secure SSL/TLS certificate, protocol(TLS 1.2) and Ciphers(anything >128bits)
    - Ensure all connections(or at least logged in users/account management section) is done under HTTPS, NOT HTTP. I.e. All sensitive info should transmit over port 443(HTTPS) instead of port 80(HTTP) that you are currently using

For anyone who's reading this, please change your password ASAP if you reuse the same password for any of your other accounts like bank, shopping site etc. as your info may have been compromised.

GAGL likes this.
  18. pab017

pab017 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't make any new posts. No buttons I can find.
    Any help would be much appreciated,
    Phil.

19. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    1, We don't keep any payment information on here, all payment & cc info is done offsite via paypal (and formerly authorize.net) and was secured when users were redirected to their secure checkout pages.
    1, We don't keep any payment information on here, all payment & cc info is done offsite via paypal (and formerly authorize.net) and was secured when users were redirected to their secure checkout pages.
    2, BladeForums has never used SSL, though we're already working on it.
    3, Yeah never use the same passwords for sensitive information & banking on social media. Just not smart.

KingMC likes this.
  20. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    For those interested, the Exchange should be back up and running at this time.

KingMC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.