1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Welcome

Discussion in 'KA-BAR Knives' started by OFFICIAL_KA-BAR, Aug 9, 2011.

1. OFFICIAL_KA-BAR

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR Moderator Moderator

Aug 3, 2011
    Welcome all,

We would like to take this opportunity to extend a thank you to our fans, customers, and friends. You are truly the best part of this business and we look forward to what the future holds. This forum is a place to share ideas, experiences, and to ask questions amongst like-minded individuals. Though KA-BAR has an official presence on this forum, we will only interject when needed. This is your forum and there is an expectation of ownership on a personal level. Thank you and enjoy.

KA-BAR Knives

2. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod Gold Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Thanks to Ka-Bar for hosting this forum. :thumbup:

3. Widerstand

Widerstand Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Sweet new forum!

4. BRL

BRL

Apr 27, 2011
    first question: "kay-bar" or "kah-bar"?

5. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    kay-bar

Moose

6. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    nice - another forum to steal my attention.
    and thanks for bringing back the Navy MK1!

7. ocnLogan

ocnLogan

Jul 31, 2011
    Thank you for coming to BladeForums, its nice to have a dedicated place.

And I must say, while I don't have a KaBar knife, I do have a BK2 which had a warranty issue when it first arrived. The sheath was broken upon arrival. I contacted KaBar through email, and after a few emails, I have a new sheath on the way. Its been a few days longer than I was told, but I am hoping it will arrive today. I just want to say thanks for the great support.

And also, I do have my eyes on that new MK1.

8. gundude73

gundude73

Oct 6, 2009
    thank you for being here!

9. styx

styx

Apr 21, 2010
    Thanks for being here. This might actually get me to be active again

10. Toooj

Toooj

Aug 8, 2006
    All,

We haven't figured it all out but we want this sub to be like the Becker Forum....fun, self governing, informational, fun, inventive, fun. KA-BAR thinks the Becker El Jefes will Mod this forum also...if it gets too big of a job, we can add some more people.
    This will be the place for JAB, TDI, KA-BAR Dozier and FIN in addition to KA-BAR. I'll pop in for technical and informational support as I do in the Becker Forum.
    Have lots of fun and play nice.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
    Sr Eng
    Prod Dev and Qual
    KA-BAR Knives

11. The Warrior

The Warrior Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Good to see KA-BAR has it's own forum. Looking forward to the goings on here.

12. J.Davey

J.Davey

Feb 10, 2004
    It's about time! :thumbup:

13. redbeardrob

redbeardrob Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2011
    I can't believe it took this long.

14. BRL

BRL

Apr 27, 2011
    Oh man, I got a question... what was the story behind the banners with the naked sweaty men at the BLADE 2011 booth??!?

15. jarodmichael

jarodmichael

Apr 28, 2011
    Ka Bar Official.. might you have a shorter name that we can call ya? Just wanted to say thanks for providing yet another outlet for me to delve into and lose countless hours daily. Love your products!!

16. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    OKB, that is the OFFICIAL, OFFICIAL_KA-BAR, nickname. I know his real name, but he wouldn't like me very much if I told.

OKB, that it.

Moose

17. UCPOPO

UCPOPO Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Cool to see Ka-Bars new forum. I'll be here often.

18. jarodmichael

jarodmichael

Apr 28, 2011
    Sweet, thanks Moose!

Welcome, OKB!!!!!

19. Toooj

Toooj

Aug 8, 2006
    BRL,
    Those banners are part of a larger campaign that starts on our New revised website...however the new revised website is not up yet. Once it is up and you have a chance to see it, it'll make more sense.
    We review after each show and we realize that the banners didn't work well except for all of the female show goers who loved them.
    Inspite of that, we had a good show and Ethan was running around telling every one that it was his body on the banners.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
    Sr Eng
    Prod Dev and Qual
    KA-BAR Knives

20. BRL

BRL

Apr 27, 2011
    Hopefully the tongue-in-cheek nature of my question was clear... and you did mention 'fun', and boy did we have a lot of fun at those posters' expense! :)