1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Western Westmark Knives

Discussion in 'Camillus Collector's Forum' started by edbeau, Feb 18, 2012.

1. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    I wanted to start this to show off my Western Cutlery Westmarks. You don't see too many even on the bay. First picture is my two 702's, one I got with a Browning sheath and the pommel was used as a hammer. Other two pictures are of my only 701. I got it with box and sales receipt. No date on the receipt but at $19.95 for the price and $1.20 tax for a total of $21.15 that was a good deal for what it would cost today. I did pay a bit more than $21.15 for the knife and box. As there were three models made, I still lack a 703 but at the prices they go for I may never get one. Enjoy!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sac troop

sac troop

Mar 4, 2009
    Edbeau this is great eye candy. I think the 701's are my favorite of that line. Your right with how hard it's been to run across any of them and the going asking prices I may just have to look at the pictures of yours.

3. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    I like the size 701 but my favorite is the shape of the 702. The knives do have some weight to them and they are really well made.

4. citytransplant

citytransplant

Apr 12, 2008
    These sure are beauties. Made in Camillus?

5. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    These were made by Western Cutlery before they were bought by Camillus.

6. CAMCO

CAMCO Moderator Moderator

Dec 29, 1999
    Do these have a letter stamped on the blade indicating the year of manufacture?
    Tom Williams

7. sac troop

sac troop

Mar 4, 2009
    I think that the Westmarks are one of those anomalies that don't adhere to the letter code on the blade you see on Western branded knives from 1977 to 1991.

8. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Sac troop is right (I also collect Western knives). Westmarks are serial numbered but I cannot find a chart on what numbers were made during what year.

9. Sithus1966

Sithus1966

Jan 24, 2008
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Nice looking knife, Sithus1966. Did you get the paperwork?

11. Sithus1966

Sithus1966

Jan 24, 2008
    No paperwork came with it. I did keep my receipt as well, I think I paid $50 for mine.

12. lobo9er

lobo9er

Jan 5, 2013
    Just wondering if anyone knows the steel used in the wetmark line. I was told stainless but not what type. I also read a tool steel but again not what type. thanks in advance.

13. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
  14. sac troop

sac troop

Mar 4, 2009
    I’m forwarding this from CAMCO;

[​IMG][​IMG]

It might not be too easy to see, but the page mentions 440A as the steel.

15. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Nice to know I still have a cell or two working.

16. seahawk47

seahawk47

Mar 12, 2013
    I have a westmark 703. I found it in a car I took in trade in Hawaii maybe 38 years ago. I still use it for gutting and skinning game. Just what are these knives worth?

17. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    As not a "Gold" user we cannot discuss price but if you keep an eye on the world famous bay site you will be very surprised. The 703 is the only one I am missing and at the prices I will always be missing it. Don't really need a complete set.

18. littleyoyman

littleyoyman

Nov 18, 2013
    I have a Western USA W88 B, inscribed only on the blade - any and all information would be appreciated, age, rarity, approximate value - Thanks

19. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Littleyoyman, the knife is a 1978 made one. They started in 1977 marking the date with "A". Not really rare but because the company is out of business no more knives have been made for a while. As far as value you will have to keep an eye on the bay. You cannot ask for the price, it is against the forum rules. For more Western info check out this site http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us/Western/Western.htm

20. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    I changed photo sites so here are the pictures of my knives.

[​IMG]

702's
    [​IMG]