1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What did you do to/with your Becker today?

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by PincersOfPower, Oct 3, 2013.

1. PincersOfPower

PincersOfPower

Sep 20, 2013
    On my other regular forum we have a what did you to to your jeep today thread that stays pretty active, so thought I'd give it a try here!

I'll start with-

Picked up a coughlans ferro rod to accompany her on the the belt,

Practiced using said steel with the BK2

Batoned a fair amount of wood to get a fire burning...

And then set it ablaze...
    [​IMG]

2. mountainmist

mountainmist

Jun 12, 2013
    welllllllllllll I cut my self, tried to make some scales :barf: did not work, made 15+ feather sticks, oh with a 16

3. cschol

cschol

Jan 6, 2013
    Oiled the King, traced an outline of the 16 for a leather sheath and put the 4 in the hunting pack for the weekend.

4. Charlie_K

Charlie_K

Jul 16, 2012
    The King just rode with me today. But it's getting angry, very angry. It wants to be used, it wants to chop. It wants me to go out and find a tree and cut it down with just it. It doesn't want to face the winter without the chance to be put to some actual use again.

But there are no properly sized trees to cut.

5. PincersOfPower

PincersOfPower

Sep 20, 2013
    Started thinking of leather sheath options for mine today too... Trying to decide on a basic fold over style or something more complicated.

6. Ethan Becker

Ethan Becker Moderator Moderator

Sep 1, 1999
    Cut a block of cheese in the truck for lunch and opened two of those damn X,ZF€@?!!! Freaking plastic hanging packages that are essentially made from scrotium unobtanium transparencia.......used my edc 11...

Ethan

7. tradewater

tradewater Geezerator Moderator

Jan 24, 2011
    Used my 14 to open a package from Daizee (you bastard).

8. The Warrior

The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Made a feather stick with my 10.

9. ironborn

ironborn

Oct 9, 2012
    Trimmed cello tape at work with my 24.

10. TheDandyLion

TheDandyLion

Mar 27, 2013
    Cut a sh*t ton of rope for a wood bundles with my 11, oh and cleaned off huge patches of rust off my 9 (the rainy season just started, been a while since i had to grease up my knives daily) there actually was an unfortunate bit of pitting as well.

11. mac_heath

mac_heath

Aug 27, 2002
    Stropped the 12, 14, & 16
    Opened the mail, sliced some flyers with the 12.
    Cut open baggies of cabinet hinges and pull handles with the 14.
    Packed the 12 in a daypack, set the 9 alongside. I might be camping with scouts this weekend.

12. Rattle snake

Rattle snake

Sep 23, 2013
    Stripped finish then applied a tiger stripe patina and added SS hardware to the new scales on my Bk2.

13. Doubledee

Doubledee

Oct 22, 2011
    Lets see... Installed stainless hardware on the handles of my 24 and use the 2 to cut up some kindling for the evening fire... From now until about May the 2 spends 95% of its time on the hearth next to the fire place, its my favorite kindling tool...

14. PincersOfPower

PincersOfPower

Sep 20, 2013
    Tried to figure out an incognito way to carry the BK2 in to the company office... On the site no one bats an eye, but the office mice get nervous.

Decided to stick it in water bottle pocket in my saddleback briefcase and lash the sheath to one of the d-rings.

15. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    Changed spark plugs, wires, oil, and brakes in Angel. Used the Cami-11 as much as possible.

16. TwoRavens81

TwoRavens81

May 2, 2013
    put a new lanyard bead on the 14, and touched him up with some ceramic, then did a bit o wittlin', lol.

17. Charlie_K

Charlie_K

Jul 16, 2012
    Just put the third lanyard on the BK9. It's gotten mad at not being used in so long and cut the last two and rendered them useless.

18. Rolled edge

Rolled edge

May 23, 2012
    Made some fuzz sticks with my bk 11, for a fire to keep bugs away while I was working on my car

19. cschol

cschol

Jan 6, 2013
    I find the foldovers are tougher to do and get the retention right. A pancake type can easily have a retaning strap.

today I tried out some MicroMesh belts out on my 24 and put a toothy (600 grit) convex edge on her.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  20. Captain Airyca

Captain Airyca Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Cut some meat and veggies with my Becker kitchen knives, as I do everyday. I <3 the kitchen blades so much!