What do ya think ?

This is the design that I've asked Dylan to make for me, not set on a name yet but maybe the ' Jornada ','Bossloper ' or ' Bone Picker '. I think it's gonna make a great all rounder !

001pil.jpg

By pitdog2010 at 2010-11-22

pb220001.jpg

pb220002r.jpg

pb220003.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, you should clean the rust off that knife, it looks like cardboard:D

Looks REAL versitile, and a real bruiser. I think its a go, I like it.

Moose

I can't wait to get started on this. Looks like a great design. Might have to make one for me too. ;)

A great design Pit, I can't wait to see Dylans make it . I'm still betting that Pit keeps looking for the perfect knife even though he already has some great Ones . it's the natue=re of the beast .

Steel ? What's wrong with the cardboard ???:D

Not sure buddy, whatever Dylan decides...think he mainly uses O1 and A2.

nothing wrong with carboard, he will be able to heat treat it in his toaster :D that i a slick design, looking forward to seeing the finished product :thumbup:

We'll be using O-1 for that baby. That's still my favorite steel. Plus I think I'm done with A-2. I still like 1095 a lot and 5160, but O-1 is my favorite. I'm having a hard time finding a stainless I want to start using. (in addition to all the carbon I'll keep primarily using)

We'll be using O-1 for that baby. That's still my favorite steel. Plus I think I'm done with A-2. I still like 1095 a lot and 5160, but O-1 is my favorite. I'm having a hard time finding a stainless I want to start using. (in addition to all the carbon I'll keep primarily using)

O1 sounds perfect !:thumbup:

Why bother trying to find a stainless when good old high Carbon works so well !!!

Looks epic.
One question I have - Will a chest lever cut still work with the extended lanyard/tang thing going?

Looks like a great design, but I think it should be called !Scary Quail! I challenge you to come up with a better name.

Looks epic.
One question I have - Will a chest lever cut still work with the extended lanyard/tang thing going?

Yeah the tang might dig in a little, can't really imagine it being so bad as to stop you using this technique though.

Last edited:
Looks like a great design, but I think it should be called !Scary Quail! I challenge you to come up with a better name.

Scary Quail would be a good pick after that thread eh !:D

Think I'm gonna go with the Bone Picker for this though.

To the old mountain men a Bone Picker was A despised human scavenger.....however when ya think about it the Scavengers of the world are the true survivors. Take Hyena's, Crow's and Cockroaches, creatures such as these would probably be the last to die out in a SHTF scenario because they are lifes scavengers and always seem to adapt and find something on which to feed ! So Bone Picker sounds fitting for a survival knife eh !:thumbup:

Scary Quail would be a good pick after that thread eh !:D

Think I'm gonna go with the Bone Picker for this though.

To the old mountain men a Bone Picker was A despised human scavenger.....however when ya think about it the Scavengers of the world are the true survivors. Take Hyena's, Crow's and Cockroaches, creatures such as these would probably be the last to die out in a SHTF scenario because they are lifes scavengers and always seem to adapt and find something on which to feed ! So Bone Picker sounds fitting for a survival knife eh !:thumbup:

That is funny that you say that. When I was in the Army I was in 3/73 Charlie Company Airborne Armory unit. Divison decides to name all tracks and vehicles, So we had to come up with a name that started with C. Everyone was using these hardcore names Combat, Ciller, and so on. I was the Lt.'s driver, I look at him and tell him we ought to name ours the Cockroach. He laughed and looked disgusted at the same time, said he wasn't naming his track after no nasty a$$ insect. I said Sir think about it, when the SHTF what do you think the very last thing crawling around on this earth is going to be? He thought about it for a second and then said Cockroach it is! Everyone said the same thing everytime Cockroach! Then we would explain and they would think it was cool.

That is funny that you say that. When I was in the Army I was in 3/73 Charlie Company Airborne Armory unit. Divison decides to name all tracks and vehicles, So we had to come up with a name that started with C. Everyone was using these hardcore names Combat, Ciller, and so on. I was the Lt.'s driver, I look at him and tell him we ought to name ours the Cockroach. He laughed and looked disgusted at the same time, said he wasn't naming his track after no nasty a$$ insect. I said Sir think about it, when the SHTF what do you think the very last thing crawling around on this earth is going to be? He thought about it for a second and then said Cockroach it is! Everyone said the same thing everytime Cockroach! Then we would explain and they would think it was cool.

;):thumbup:

My buddy came round tonight and I had him hold the cardboard template, he said how cool it was and he ain't even a knife fan !:D:thumbup:

Back