1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What do you guys want to see next??

Discussion in 'BRT Bladeworks' started by BenR.T., Jul 27, 2016.

1. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    So what would you guys be interested in seeing me make? I don't do one off custom orders, but if there was enough interest in a project, I could probably make it happen.

2. DallasSTB

DallasSTB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Oh boy, let me see....
    Damascus Ronin Tanto
    Katana
    Drop point hunter variant ~4" blade,
    Three-finger pocketable fixed blade
    Dagger - something like the Spartan V-14
    Tom Brown tracker-style camp knife.

3. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    ti forks!

4. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Boot knife
    Another Ronin Wakizashi

Mike

5. D.H.

D.H.

Jul 8, 2009
    Any chance we could see some more of these? (Or something similar?)

[​IMG]

6. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I'd like to see the Wingman line make a more regular appearance. I'd love to see a clip- or harpoon-point Wingman-style knife with Japanese cord wrap.

7. awareunlikeu

awareunlikeu Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Straight One tool option Survival fixed blade. Now I know the Scout could def probably perform this just fine especially in 3V. But a High saber/Flat grind, 5 inch + blade length, 90 degree spine for ferro rod striking, and extended tang for hammering. Would also love to see more Kraiken's but at the tip with a sharpened top swedge of the tanto! NOT the whole top edge, just a bit for slashing kinda like a Bud Nealy PK-21!!!! I would buy that in a FN heartbeat in 3V and sheath designed for IWB carry!! I almost bought a Oreganto (sorry if misspelled) 4 inch from Madcap but did not pull the trigger since top edge was not sharpened. Love your blades and the style Ben, and the fact that you use my favorite knife steel 3V. I have 2 of your Hawks and they are some of my favorite especially for the woods!! Keep it up sir! Can't wait to see what comes next!

As a crazy thought, can a hawk be made out of 3V?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. kevlemarin

kevlemarin Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2013
    A karambit shaped blade in 3v with Japanese style fitting

9. Moses_3

Moses_3

Feb 27, 2008
    I'd love to see a Khukuri through your eyes. Khukuri blade with a wrapped handled, one of your signature fullers... I think it could be amazing!

10. Sovngarde

Sovngarde

Jul 21, 2015
    Short Viking sword,because your Valkyrie axe needs a worthy companion.Of course made in northern,Scandinavian style.That would be perfect pair!

11. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    That's a good idea. Here is one I have made before. It's been a while.

[​IMG]

12. BenR.T.

Apr 18, 2011
    One of my very first big blades was a seax. Pretty fun. I was in way over my head back then.....
    Still have this one actually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    ...I'm still in way over my head. ;)

14. BenR.T.

Apr 18, 2011
    I've considered doing a reverse or double edge kwaiken.
    I did a chisel/dagger ground boot knife earlier this year....

[​IMG]

15. BenR.T.

Apr 18, 2011
    I made quite a few of them, there wasn't a ton of interest at the time, so I moved on to other things. I personally love the design.

16. BenR.T.

Apr 18, 2011
    Me too, but at least I can get a breath every once in a while now!!