1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What do you make your Becker scales out of?

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by pastormarty, Apr 24, 2012.

1. pastormarty

pastormarty

Mar 22, 2010
    What are good materials that are readily available with lots of color options?

2. CamH_16

CamH_16

Feb 5, 2012
    I use G-10 and micarta which isnt to hard to find in the states. I wonder if you could make scales from some colored pieces of plastic? Just epoxy them together.

3. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    You can make scales from a wide variety of different things. I work with wood, G10, micarta, carbon fiber, etc. There are a lot of different things you can use depending on what you want to do.

4. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    I use the feathers from angel wings held together with the tears of lychans as handles for my beckers.

5. Greybush

Greybush Banned

Feb 14, 2012
    I'm thinking about doing this to Cbear....I'm low on lychan tears though....think unicorn tears will work? I've got a metric crap ton of that....