1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

What does "delivery status not updated" mean?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by freewheeling, Jul 27, 2013.

1. freewheeling

freewheeling

Dec 30, 2012
    I sent something via USPS insured with tracking and the delivery was expected on the 22nd. Instead of "delivered" it says "delivery status not updated." I checked USPS tracking appendix which says:

I sent the item as a present so don't want to call to see what happened, but I guess I'll have to. I have no idea what a "clock-stopping scan" is, or whether this means my package wasn't delivered and is lost, or it's being held somewhere. Does this mean they lost it while it was out for delivery or something??

2. Monofletch

Monofletch Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    That shouldn't be the only actions listed. It sounds like the carrier only scanned the insurance label which you can't track online. if you don't get updated info soon- call or go to your local P.O.-- they get more detailed infor on their "in house" tracking. Plus they will look up both #'s
    Hope that helps.

3. freewheeling

freewheeling

Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks. I called the USPS number and they said that I need to contact the post office that was supposed to deliver the package to find out what happened to it. Will do that Monday when they're open.