What is missing in ESEE's product line?

I would like to see a urban survival style tanto just for all the knife collectors and the 2012 fanatics like me. :)

how about something smaller than an Izula? an Altoid tin sized PSK
I really like this idea. Who knows when you will need a secondary knife. Or rather an octonary knife (this is bladeforums after all :p). I would love to see one of those, no scales, skeletonized, full flat grind, thin blade. Also I would like to see a few more colors in the powdercoat options.

There was a R.A.T. folder from Queen's Cutlery / Ontario, a Rail Splitter Pattern. I would like to see ESEE bring that back with a reputable knife manufacturer like Queen's or Case, etc.

That would be a nice one to have in production again

ON-9768.JPG

Pic from Otis in http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=761137

I'd love to see variations of some of the current knives WITHOUT a choil. I personally don't see the point of having a choil; what advantage does it give over having the blade come right down the the handle? Having your finger a fraction of an inch closer to the blade when you choke up doesn't seem worth the extra length and material needed for a choil.

EDIT: I would purchase an ESEE Hatchet in a heart beat. Full steel construction and micarta handles. Yum.

A knife between the 6 and Junglas in length; a survival hatchet something like Benchmade's Tomahawk but more practical for outdoors; MORE FOLDERS!

I want one of those Rail Splitters about as much as I want me a Tony Iommi Signature Series Epiphone SG (that's a lot!). :D

An ESEE tomahawk similar to an Eagle Talon from RMJ forge would be sweet if it's under $200.

Another for the axe and kukri, a small camp axe would probably sale like the AH1. I can't seem to get enough axes around havem in all veh even motorbike! I would have to think about replacing w/ESEE if it was a very useable axe. Also another vote for a e-tool type folding shovel maybe two sizes u-dig-it size and military size.

Wow I like that RAT slippie-never knew it existed. Personally I think RAT should try their hand at a proprietary machete, instead of spraying a finish and polishing the edge of an imacasa blade and giving it an ESEE stamp. High end custom machetes and 150-200 dollar production machetes from TOPS and other companies seem to be doing well... as many... fans as there are here I'm sure people would buy em.

Hello,

As I am sure we all know, ESEE makes some great products. My Izula is simply an excellent knife. They are soon to release two folders, they have released a arrowhead, a heavy chopper and a machete. What do you think they are missing from there product line? I personally would like to se a filet knife.

I want to see more extremely high value folders like the Rat-1

I'd love to see variations of some of the current knives WITHOUT a choil. I personally don't see the point of having a choil; what advantage does it give over having the blade come right down the the handle? Having your finger a fraction of an inch closer to the blade when you choke up doesn't seem worth the extra length and material needed for a choil.

EDIT: I would purchase an ESEE Hatchet in a heart beat. Full steel construction and micarta handles. Yum.

I totally agree. The big finger choil is the thing I dislike most about my RC3.
It's not really bad, I just can't figure out what on earth it is for.
I haven't found a task yet that it helps with, and i've found a few that it makes a bit harder. I like using the part of a blade closest to the guard, it's were you get the best leverage. The 3's choil forces you to either forgo that advantage, or move to a less secure choked up grip.

I'd rather have another half inch of actual handle (which the knife needs IMHO anyway)

More canvas Micarta...all three of mine have it.
ESEE-4 in OD as well as the currently offered DT.

Choil. I'd like to see an ESEE-4 with little or no choil and thus mabe a little more guard. I think an ESEE-4 with out a choil would pretty much satisfy the bushcraft crowd (which is me) without any additional geometry changes.

A regular ESEE-5, .188 thick, full flat for the woods. I would keep the Original 5 for Urban Suvival type situations and aircrew equip.

All this is dreaming of course because I love the products as they are.

Ax. I would not go that direction. Gransfors and others have that covered so well. Tomahawk maybe. I think the issue here is taking the company out of their element knives.

I could see a big, micarta or natural scaled, stockman. How about a 3 and a 5 bladed version...5 blade would have a punch and maybe a SAK style can/bottle opener. Or maybe just a RAK (Rat Army Knife). Big, heavy, sturdy, thing, scaled way up from a Victorinox. And here's the kicker...make the knife blades (the main one anyway) 1095!!! You'd want to offer Stainless version too. And, grind and heat treal each blade differently based on purpose...maybe even make the steel different to maximize toughness, durability...etc...

...I am getting carried away now :D

Back