1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What is my next Kershaw?

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by CLICKBANGBANG, Jul 9, 2012.

1. CLICKBANGBANG

CLICKBANGBANG

Oct 12, 2010
    I've got a theme going. Any color as long as it's Black. US made only. Plain blade. The assisteds are my favorite. My next two knives are the Needs Work (OOS at knife works) and NRG2. I think the OD-1 might also fit if it's made on home soil. I hear the OD-1 might be hard to find... The 350 is as big as I think I'll ever go. The 300 would just never get carried. Discontinued knives are fine as long as I can find one around...

So besides the below (I have the below already) and three above listed, what should my next Kershaw be?! Thanks for any help spending my money. :)

Chive
    Scallion
    Leek
    Blur
    Shallot
    Black Out
    Skyline hybrid
    Avalanche
    Boa
    Turbulence
    Ram
    Storm

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. bluejayburly

bluejayburly

Jan 25, 2010
    350, Shallot, Skyline hybrid

thats my order of preference.

3. CLICKBANGBANG

CLICKBANGBANG

Oct 12, 2010
    I'm sorry. I must have not have been clear. I have everything on the list already.

4. solidorange

solidorange

Aug 30, 2011
    The OD-1 is US made, so it fits the bill. You also need a Packrat (1665). :thumbup:

5. SpyKers

SpyKers

Mar 3, 2012
    Kershaw Groove. Bigger blade that will only become harder to find. Not assisted but it flies out nice and smooth. Also, the obvious new choices are the Piston and Knockout.

Another assisted option could also be the Packrat... But I've never owned that knife.

6. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    I would go for the discontinued beauties first. You can always pickup the current ones later.

With that in mind I would get

Tanto Zing, OD-1, Regular Zing

in that order. All three made in the USA.

7. chester22

chester22

Feb 1, 2012
    A Damascus Kershaw of any flavor

8. CLICKBANGBANG

CLICKBANGBANG

Oct 12, 2010
    Cool. OD-1 it is for sure! I think I found a new one. They want a shiny penny for it though.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Packrat. But it looks like it was never made with a black blade. All of my knives are all black. I'm weird I know.

9. BobSig

BobSig Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2011
    Black Tanto Groove.

Sorry for the lame pic.

[​IMG]

10. bad_juju

bad_juju Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2011
    I say rake

11. jimw451

jimw451

Oct 11, 2011
    Salvo, Baby Boa (you only said Boa, so unsure if you have both), Cyclone, Rogue (super assisted haha). Didn't check on maufacturing origin on those, but they were the ones that came to mind first. When you say Blur, do you mean all the black handled, black bladed Blurs, or just the 1670BLK? I love having a collection goal and searching everything down. Good luck and have fun! Don't forget to post pics when you get a minute! :thumbup:

12. emopunker2004

emopunker2004

Jul 21, 2011
    my next will be the Echelon

13. europeanoutdoorsman

europeanoutdoorsman

Feb 25, 2011
    whats the skyline hybrid?

14. sticktodrum

sticktodrum Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I'd imagine it's the handle of the standard Skyline with the blade of the brown/black limited one.

15. CLICKBANGBANG

CLICKBANGBANG

Oct 12, 2010
    All Black. Take the unfinished blade/ black grip knife and a black blade tan grip knife to make an all black Skyline. There are a few threads here on it. All the cool guys are doing this. :)

16. SpyKers

SpyKers

Mar 3, 2012
    I had no idea the OD-1 had an ALL black model... ****it. There goes another $50+ dollars.

17. BladeChick777

BladeChick777

Jun 20, 2011
    First.. here's a list of what I came up with that aren't on your list.
    I know you wanted USA made, but I listed non USA as well in case you decide to expand to all of Kershaws little joys lol.

Assisted:
    Baby Boa all black
    Cyclone
    Mini Cyclone
    Centofante
    Clash
    Volt II
    RJ I
    RJ II
    Kuro - Coming soon
    Breakout - Auto
    Blur Resue
    Rogue - auto
    Brawler
    Funxtion - Coming soon

Non-assisted:
    Tanto Groove
    Salvo
    Storm or Storm II - Depending on which you don't have
    Vapor
    Ener-G
    Scamp
    Ener-G2
    Ripcord
    Vapor II
    Vapor III
    Kurai - Coming soon

What I would get - Cyclone because it's just awesome lol.

18. redfeenix

redfeenix

May 12, 2011
    Slow down guys, there appears to be a rare all black model (black blade) of the OD-2 1770CKTX. Its on ebay atm with a really good price of $17 shipped. I wont post a link because I do not want to violate any rules, but a simple search of kershaw od-2 will do the trick. Buy em quick, they will definitely sell out, I already got mine =D

19. CLICKBANGBANG

CLICKBANGBANG

Oct 12, 2010
    Oh! I found one! The Bump! I got to find a G10 Bump. Assisted plain blade and all black.

Thanks for the info guys. I knew you'd find more Kershaws to spend my money on. :D

20. CLICKBANGBANG

CLICKBANGBANG

Oct 12, 2010
    I'm finally getting around to looking through the suggestions. The Clash is out. It's an imported knife.