1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What is the most beautiful knife on earth?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Alex17, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Alex17

Alex17 Banned BANNED

Dec 15, 2011
    Forget about toughness, efficiency, reputation, sharpness, weight, size, year, price, designer, country... For once, let's just talk about BEAUTY. In YOUR eyes, what's the most beautiful knife on earth?

Of course, it's a totally personal decision. But that's what makes the thread interesting: express your taste, regardless of other criteria.

BUT you can't find a sh..ty knife beautiful, can you? Which makes the thread a little more complex than it seems... ;)

So... please comment! say why you find THIS knife unbeatably great to look at. And let's not make it too politically correct: your taste is the only taste that matters to you, so you are RIGHT to prefer what you prefer. Be proud and stand your ground. When it comes to beauty, "IMHO" is for the weak. :)

(Pics, or at leat links to pics, are highly welcome.)

My choice: the Sog Tech Bowie (99018), because I immediately fall in deep love every time I see its perfectly-shaped shiny and dark blade. This blade made me start loving knives: it was the beginning of it all in my heart and will never be challenged, period.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bohica2u

Bohica2u

Jul 1, 2001
    I give this thread 5 stars!

I would have to say the Randalls. Especially the Model 1's. I would be very happy with the Airman or #14's.

These are on my bucket list for knives. I would (gulp) sell all the knives I own to have these three (but still have a folder :))

3. Alex17

Alex17 Banned BANNED

Dec 15, 2011
    I still prefer the Sog Tech, but I have to say that the #14 by Rendall... wow... what an impressively respectable beauty... nice choice, Bohica2u...
    [​IMG]

4. neuron

neuron Moderator Moderator

Apr 18, 2010
    Great thread idea! My vote goes to this Darrel Ralph custom Gunhammer. The materials (Chad Nichols stainless damascus with Stelllite 6K core, machined Nichols MokuTi handles, etc.) and design are beautiful/rare but also functional, which is important to me since functionality is actually a big part of what makes a knife appealing/beautiful to me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  5. Samael

Samael

Sep 30, 2007
    Did someone say "Randalls?"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

6. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2005
    What's the handle insert on that 12-9-14-25? Muskox?

7. Samael

Samael

Sep 30, 2007
    Narwhal.

8. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    CAS_persa.jpg

9. GingivitisKahn

GingivitisKahn

Jun 8, 2010
    A thread about pretty knives *demands* pictures. Just saying a knife name - pshaw!

---

Beckerhead #42

10. Samael

Samael

Sep 30, 2007
    By the way, Alex, not to ruin your day or anything, but your SOG is, well, to put it nicely, an "homage" to this knife:

[​IMG]

11. Alex17

Alex17 Banned BANNED

Dec 15, 2011
    With all respect to the original, am I allowed to prefer the "homage"? ;)

12. Samael

Samael

Sep 30, 2007
    But of course.:D

13. dePaul

dePaul

Aug 8, 2000
    Another Randall, this one is model 7-4.

[​IMG]

~Paul~

14. neuron

neuron Moderator Moderator

Apr 18, 2010
    This thread is turning into a total Randall-fest. :grumpy:

;)

Nice knives, fellas. The narwhal handle on that one is especially stunning!

15. Alex17

Alex17 Banned BANNED

Dec 15, 2011
    Wow. The surface of the blade looks as soft as human skin...

16. nate1714

nate1714

Apr 16, 2005
    I would say for most affordable The Kershaw Chive.

KERSHAW1600VIBRainbowChiveSHARP.JPG

17. DavidZ

DavidZ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2004
    To my eyes - These two by Silvestrelli:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just so you know, I purchased these photos for use from Coop. He has incredible talent! :thumbup:

18. Samael

Samael

Sep 30, 2007
    Indeed he does.:D

[​IMG]

19. c10darren

c10darren

Nov 30, 2011
    Excellent choices, but now for something completely different...

[​IMG]

Ray Mears Woodlore Knife

To me, simplicity is beauty. And this is a very simple knife. As an extension of that beautiful simplicity, scandi grinds just get me.

20. threefeathers

threefeathers

May 25, 2005
    I have 2 Model 1 Randalls, nothing I have seen beats them. That said I carry a K Bar in the field.