1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What is this victorinox knife?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by zedd1, Aug 6, 2012.

1. zedd1

zedd1

Aug 6, 2012
    I got given this from my great uncle years ago, i just don't know if its old or ideed of any value?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On the main blade it has

"Victorinox
    Switzerland
    Stainless
    Rostfrei"

and on the other side it has a little thing that looks like a umbrella? or a crossbow and a little + sign to the left underneath the umbrella/crossbow and "OFFICER SUISSE" written under it.

2. I.N.F.K

I.N.F.K

Jul 7, 2012
    I don't think so. A lot of folding knives don't keep value unless they are in good condition. I have a 40 year old case cummin's mako knife that belonged to my grand farther. But while is doesn't have any dollar value, it has great sentimental value to me. It should be the same for this knife as well.

3. Daddyo16

Daddyo16

Jan 12, 2012
    Looks like a Swisschamp maybe?

4. Humppa

Humppa Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    100% agreed. This looks like an older black Swisschamp. I owned one, years ago. The sheath is very helpful with this monstrosity of an SAK. ;)

About the age - a pic of the tangstamp could help. They sometimes change these ones, so the the age made have been told by this.

Kind regards
    Andi

5. Syph007

Syph007

Jul 30, 2010
    Thats a pretty modern one since it has the hook. They added those in 1991. As for value I see them go for <edited> routinely.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
  6. jmsodpc

jmsodpc

Jun 2, 2011
    you guys are good!
    what model do i have?
    victorinox brand purchased in 1980's decade

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

7. Syph007

Syph007

Jul 30, 2010
    Hmm you got me stumped with that one. If it didnt have the metal file it would be a Fisherman, but with the file, I dont think Ive seen that combo. If it had the magnifying glass it would be a champion.

8. zedd1

zedd1

Aug 6, 2012
    I know nothing about knives haha, forgive me but what is the tangstamp?

9. Daddyo16

Daddyo16

Jan 12, 2012
  10. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 11, 2007
    Hello and welcome to Bladeforums. Please read this.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...MBERS-Please-read-this-WHAT-IS-MY-KNIFE-WORTH

Everyone that responded with a value should read the rules and FAQ as well.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  11. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    I'd keep it, that is a cool tool to be given by a family member. That doesn't really happen a whole lot these days.

12. JNieporte

JNieporte

Nov 1, 2004
    Early model Ranger (1987)
    The grooved corkscrew indicates a pre-1991 date.
    The awl has no hole in it, so it was made between 1961-1996.
    The chisel was introduced in 1986.
    From 1987-1990, the Ranger was made without a hook, with a grooved corkscrew, and with scissors that had a rivet instead of a screw. Yours has all of these.
    The Ranger only had a fish scaler for one year: 1987. Victorinox dropped the fish scaler from the Ranger in 1988.
    I'm pretty sure this model was made just for a chain store (Sears, Woolworth, Gold Circle, etc.)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  13. Swoop03

Swoop03

Dec 1, 2012
    My thoughts are a Swisschamp?