1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What is your favorite fighting knife?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by dreadfulshadows, Sep 19, 2012.

1. dreadfulshadows

dreadfulshadows

Sep 17, 2010
    What is your favorite fighting knife and why?Include a pic if you can.

2. Roogalator

Roogalator

Jan 11, 2002
    #1 would be a Mad Dog Panther:

[​IMG]

#2 would be a Mad Dog Raven. Don't have a picture of one, but it's essentially a Panther with an 8" blade instead of the Panther's 10".

#3 would be a Peter Bauchop Alley Cat, shown here with the Black Beauty:

[​IMG]

The Mad Dogs get the nod because of their superior ergonomics and balance. Both are incredibly fast in the hand, and have enough reach to do lethal damage if necessary. The Bauchop gets the nod because it's wicked fast, superbly balanced, and has ergonomics almost as good as the MDs.

3. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    I didn't know that knives fight...

But now that you mention it...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  4. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Knife for fighting? Grocery store steak knife. Cheap, effective, and disposable.

Knife designed as a fighter but that one wouldn't really fight with? Probably this Justin Gingrich Ranger custom of mine...

[​IMG]

I suppose there should be a gun in the picture....:)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  5. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    That's effing gorgeous!!!

6. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    USMC Kabar, model 1217. A Million Marines, Can't be Wrong.

[​IMG]

Moose

7. Goosey

Goosey

Mar 19, 2012
    I encountered rats the size of terriers in this passage the other day.

[​IMG]

Couldn't have done it without Mr. Kukri.

8. CapitalizedLiving

CapitalizedLiving

Dec 1, 2007
    No pics, but I'll drop names and you can check it out...

Bud Nealy - Kwaito
    Laci Szabo - Felony Stop
    Fred Perrin - Neck Bowie
    Van Steck - Fear No Evil
    Justin King - Slim EDC
    Bark River Knives - CQC-1
    Blackjack Knives - Tac Ops 7

...those are some favorites. I don't know what a favorite would really look like, but the Justin King Slim EDC is a close first. It is one of the few knives I view as both the perfect utility knife and the perfect tactical concealed carry fixed blade EDC knife.

Now, if I was going to go with a big knife for fighting, I'd go with a machete. Thousands of people massacred by machetes in third world countries proves that they do this well. And there is no reason to spend a lot of money on a knife that will end up at the bottom of a ditch along with your dead, rotting corpse. Or IS there...?

9. Rider675

Rider675

Feb 15, 2012
    [​IMG]

10. Dan57

Dan57

Apr 8, 2012
    Yeah, definitely the shark knife.

11. longbow

longbow Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 1999
    Don Shepley Recon, Von Tempske bowie, or the Emerson/Kneely Spew War fixed blade. I have all 3 and Mr. VonT hands down is the winner here. keepem sharp

12. LX_Emergency

LX_Emergency

Jun 28, 2007
    A sword.

13. pap11y

pap11y

Jul 4, 2012
    LOL. Made me laught out loud at work :)

Thats some scary sh1t...

P.S. My favourite is the cold steel taipan. There is a lot of blade on them. Ability to slash upward and downward with high penetration for stabbing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  14. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    A rondell dagger.

[​IMG]

15. Sufler

Sufler Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2005
    When I'm fighting with a cucumber or potato to peel it.

[​IMG]

16. Dorito Monk

Dorito Monk

Nov 17, 2008
    [youtube]hJgQCbRsq-I[/youtube]

A WILLY WALLER 2006?! :eek:

17. rustyrazor

rustyrazor KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 13, 2011
    what's yoru favorite car... a truck?

18. Cyo

Cyo Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    +1. Anyone who sees you coming with the Shark-Knife knows they are dealing with someone who knows no fear. Hard to fight crazy.

My 2nd pick would be to run. I really, really don't understand the "fighting knife" idea. If you anticipate needing deadly force, then your priority tree should start with something like "bring army" and move through the ranks of "tank", "rocket launcher", ".50 Cal BMG" and many, many other things before getting to "knife". I can't see needing to fight with a knife ever. It's a handy tool but if fighting is on the agenda, then I'm either bringing a gun or changing the agenda.

(This may apply less so to professional soldiers. I have no experience in that regard so I will defer to their judgement in such things.)

19. LX_Emergency

LX_Emergency

Jun 28, 2007
    A truck is a car.

20. LX_Emergency

LX_Emergency

Jun 28, 2007
    But fair enough. You don't think of a sword as just a big knife? How about just the biggest bowie I could find.

I'm not enough of a knife fighting expert that I'd want a smaller knife. If I were to fight with a knife It'd have to be one with a 12" bladelength at least.