What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

Something like this would be cool in a wharncliffe. Or I would love to see the EDC in a wharncliffe. Would make a great kit knife for the next "big shooting war."

I think most knives and everything else will melt over the course of such an event...(queue foreboding music)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

-Albert Einstein

Speaking of Albert Einstein, the National Geographic started an excellent looking and already critically acclaimed mini series biography based on Al titled, "Genius". This started about a couple of weeks ago and I think that both Ron Howard and Brian Glazer are involved with Geoffrey Rush playing the part of the older Albert Einstein and a young but seemingly very capable English actor playing Al in his youth. I highly recommend this as a must watch if you have NatGeo.

"Ol' Al had it goin' on, man. 'Cause I know I would make sure I had one big godamm stick and be hella stoned"

----a most recent Bobism
WW3 commences.

Bob's chillin' on an iron throne made of CPK knives with a big ass stick laying across his lap. Purple drank in one hand and a fat blunt in the other.

Snoop Dogg's "Gin and Juice" plays softly in the background

"Laiiiiiiiiiiid back, with my mind of my money and my money on my mind"

I just started drawing up a potential new pattern, fits between the FK and the EDC, size-wise. Designed as a defensive and utility oriented blade
So I am holding off on placing an order for a Swamp Rat Custom Shop Rodent 4 until this defensive utility piece is revealed. The only customization I was going to request was the addition of a swedge at the clip and a satin finish.

So I am holding off on placing an order for a Swamp Rat Custom Shop Rodent 4 until this defensive utility piece is revealed. The only customization I was going to request was the addition of a swedge at the clip and a satin finish.

don't hold your breath, dude. I haven't gotten any indication from management that this pattern will be pursued. Plus, the noname knife still needs to go into production, and I have a feeling that a folding knife is next up for development, (don't take that as gospel, btw). A new fixed blade pattern could be a year or two out still. You got lots of time to save up, so I'd suggest you go ahead and scratch that Swamp itch :)

Adam is a fresh face around this sub despite being a preeminent BFC member since 2002. I've dealt with him on a few occasions recently and can attest that he's heck of a solid and I mean SOLID member. He will come to realize that the realization of multiple parallel projects may move a little bit slower on here than some larger makers / manufacturers, but TBH I am very impressed with CPK because once they decide to do something by dedicating their full on collective efforts behind a certain project, the whole process seems to move really fast from the embryonic stage to full on production! Very impressive indeed AFAIK but you've gotta be quick while they last once on offer.

I have a feeling that a folding knife is next up for development...go ahead and scratch that Swamp itch..
Will do :) . If a folder, my preference would be for a mid-large to large folder similar to the Demko AD-10+P or AD-15 in D3V.

Adam is a fresh face around this sub...a SOLID member..will come to realize that the realization of multiple parallel projects may move a little bit slower on here...
Thank you for the kind words :oops: . Right back back at you :thumbsup: . I figure that most members who care to visit this subforum are true fixed knife nuts and solid in general overall ;) .

Would like to see something similar to the Winkler II Emergency Response Tool which could take the place of a number of specialized tools on a construction jobsite. The CPK tool could incorporate a hammer with a milled face, prybar w/ nail puller, gas and water meter shutoff cutouts as well as support for three standard wrenches (3/8 1/2 3/4) with the possibility of a fourth (5/8). So instead of carrying multiple tools in a belt/bag/box, one could simply hang a single tool within a hammer loop. No need for a glass breaker. Hammer face could be flared to increase surface area (off-angle strikes often result in time lost to pulling out bent nails and renailing). Imperial and metric markings along the handle to perform impromptu measurements. A sharpened edge for cutting and light chopping and a secondary scraping edge to preserve the cutting and prybar edges. Not meant to supplant basic, specialized tools (e.g. framing hammer) and designed primarily for general pickup work (intermittent hard use over short(er) durations). Replaceable micarta or rubber scales at one end to handle shock and vibration under heavier hammer blows. Else, large jimping along the sides to improve purchase. Essentially, a construction multitool to serve as a jack-of-many-trades, but perhaps the master of none (save for possibly the prybar/nail puller).

0BOv.jpg

Last edited:
funny, I've pitched the idea of a simple multi tool to Nathan in the past, and he seemed to dig the idea. When I clear through the other projects on my table, I'll start drawing something up. I think I'll give it a 'dad' theme

That would be fantastic. Something a dad would use in and around the house is pretty much what a construction contractor would use on site for odds and ends work.

I used a fatmax "fubar" during the demo phase of the last home reno I did. Very helpful and handy for quick jobs.

If there's a cpk take on a fubar, mark me down for 2. ;)

791c43ef72dbe2e645a2805addb779ba08a34268.56.2.9.2.jpeg

do you keep that on your key ring?

Lol, no. Would be entertaining tho.

Are we talking about a keyring tool? I was thinking something more substantial.

The FatMax FuBar looks interesting. A bit long for hammer loop carry. The WK II ERT is about nine inches in length. What stands out to me on the FuBar is the flared strike face and pry tail opening to accomodate gas and possibly water shutoff valves. I fail to see the utility of the board jaw, however. coiledwire coiledwire : Did you find the board jaw useful? I might shorten everything down to twelve inches max and turn the board jaw into a sharpened edge. I suppose it would be an axe with a hammer end at that point. For a CPK tool, perhaps add two holes to the handle to thread string/rope/paracord through for a quick field handle. Offer grips secured using the same holes.

Last edited:
Back