What knives are you hoping to find second hand?

I like this thread. :)

Crawford Leopard

PCC Woods/Irie swing lock

Gerber CF SL3.2577

To name a few/

But I've also started watching the old knives sticky at the top and several there have got me more interested in finding an old knife. Don't really have a type or brand in mind yet; 2 blades, good condition with a shield and 100 years old or older seems like a good place to start.
That's an excellent place to start! I'm always keeping an eye out for 100 year old knives, preferably ones needing a bit of repair. That makes them affordable, and I don't worry about using an antique if it isn't in pristine condition.

I'd also like to get a hold of some of the forum knives from before I joined. (especially the 2009 Barlow) :)

for me it would go like this 1-s&m 99 scout
2-case -bose norfolk
3-any tc or nf spear in ebony

1. Marbles Stewart-era stacked leather Sport
2. A.G. Russell Premium Scout in stag
3. Good condition Remington RS3333 scout.

This Simmons that I stupidly sold. I still get sick when I think about it.

ED1687DA-F309-4E49-AA24-5FE51978E112_zpsbohgpy9h.jpg

I'd like for the stars to align when I'm both in the market and these knives become available:
1) AG Russell Pinched Peanut
2) GEC 22 Magnum (Wood or Jigged Bone)
3) GEC 55 non-liner lock

Technically I buy most of my knives used. As it turns out my borderline OCD kicks in and any new knife, even a cheap one, tends to go unused, while once there's a slight scuff or mark, it gets put to whatever comes up! Now if I could get one I would absolutely love a GEC #77 single blade barlow in spring green. It's my grail traditional (at the moment). So if anybody has one laying around I'll gladly try to work something out... Just putting it out there :) Oh and I'd love a Queen 9115 Stockman in D2. I've seen them on the Exchange for $20-$25 shipped in like new condition but missed out both times.

I want a GEC #15 Beer Scout maroon micarta or golden ale bone.
Didn't even know I liked traditionals until I saw a #47 Viper recently. Felt compelled to buy it, got it, loved it.
I've been missing out on a whole category of knives!

Nice Daydream Thread:thumbsup:

Queen No.26 Small Stockman in good Zebra with stripes.
GEC Dixie Stockman in Stag(to my taste) or Osage
Schatt&Morgan Heritage Jack in Bone, with reasonable snap...
GEC 25 single blade Wharncliffe.
GEC 83 in Black/White Camel Bone

What knives do you have on your hit list that will be dedicated users?
1) Wenger Professional 4 layer
-------
The two below are possibly being checked off, well, one Definitely is. I just paid for an R4, and I am talking with a few folks for a #98 camp.

2) GEC #98 Camp or Whittler (used works)
3) Camillus C4 & R4

On the R4, the Can Opener will be tapered and have the bottom hook removed to act as a marlin spike for fishing and camp work (bottle opener will remain).

I am always on the lookout for older Sheffield pen knives! Like others have said, damaged is better because I can fix them and they are cheap:)

My list is short, a GEC TC ancient barlow with scratted bone at a reasonable cost.

I'm thinking a #77 Barlow in red sawcut.
Soup bone Barlow
1975 made case (would be happy with a few patterns)
I like to draw up a wish list, but always find if something gets ticked off, two more take its place!!!

#1.Case/Bose Lenny's Clip Jigged Bone
#2.GEC #62 Courthouse whittler / Any Cover
#3 GEC#85 Bullet End Jack / Any Cover
Some day soon I hope!! :thumbsup::rolleyes::D:cool:;):eek::):thumbsup:

Only looking for one right now, but have been looking for a long time. #25 Barlow single clip.

The only ones I know I'm looking for are going to be rather difficult, so all help finding them is appreciated in advance!

I have been collecting the GEC #5383__ Cuban stockman pattern for ten years now, and have acquired 49 of the 52 different models they have made in 2007, 2008, and 2011. Here are the three I'm lacking:

2008 - Tidioute Good & Plenty (they made only 2)
2008 - Northfield Burnt Stag (6 made)
2011 - Northfield Black Stag (only 2 made)

It may seem impossible, but I already have four different knives in this set that were made in single digit numbers, so hope springs eternal.

Buck 310. I want a whittler but I don't want to pay split back prices. I intend to use it daily and I like having both types of small blade. It's like a stockman but better. I've also don't like stubby mains on a whittler, so most others are out.

310Group-1.jpg

Back