1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What to Expect at Blade?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Havoc550, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Havoc550

Havoc550 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 9, 2011
    Outside of the average Texas gunshow, I have never been to any kind of knife show. From what I understand, it's going to be huge, there will be tons of things to see and it will take all 3 days.

So, on that note, I have some questions about Busse and Kin:

1. Will all three companies be present? If so, will they have separate booths?

2. Will the Company Stores be present? If so, will they also be at separate booths?

3. Will Busse have everything for sale on day one or will it be cycled through to spread it out over all 3 days?

4. What are the chances of everything being sold out?

5. Will there be classic Busse's for sale as well as 2012 models?

6. Do I need to haul ass to Busse's booth first thing Friday morning? (I expect sarcasm on this one since we are all each others competition :) )

BTW, do not test out a Busse on cardboard boxes and tree limbs while you are airing up a tire on your vehicle. I tuned out the sound of the compressor for too long and when I ran back to shut it off, the tire was at 55 psi. That could have sucked!!

2. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    The 3 companies will all be there. The booth is one giant Busse Kin booth. The company store does not set up at Blade Show however Skunk will be lurking around the entire time, I'm sure. Generally the knives come out in intervals throughout the weekend. However some great deals are on the table right at the open of the show Friday. Things go fast at Blade so you need to always be ready when something comes up.

Garth

3. voracious1

voracious1

Aug 10, 2011
    WHAT TO EXPECT AT BLADE
    Good times my friend. Good times.

Jody

4. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    That is something to see for sure

5. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Expect awesomness...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Havoc550

Havoc550 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 9, 2011
    Thanks for the pics and info everyone!! Looks like I will be blowing some serious coin there. :)

Those first two pics make it look like Jerry is throwing knives into the crowd. :)

7. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator Platinum Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Look like??? ...Hey, all's I can say is...have your medical insurance current and paid up... Oh yeah, bring a helmet.

;);)

8. AZTimT

AZTimT

Oct 15, 2009
    I've heard stories, but I plan to find out for myself this year. Should be a ton of fun (and Wauseon heat-treated steel).

9. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    Blade is a must see for yourself. Awesome knives and great friends.

10. dericdesmond

dericdesmond Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Broke my blade cherry last year, was one of the greatest weekends of my life. Best part was gettin hammered with Boss man. Am so grateful to of experienced it with Amy there, sure hope she makes it this year. I never understand what all the fuss sourounding blade was. Had been to knob creek prior and didnt think it could be any better considering all the INFI and machine guns, I was wrong (big surprise I know)

11. Super X

Super X

Sep 16, 2010
    I bet it's a great time. I wish I could go to one of these event's. Perhap's......... someday!

12. Major Kong

Major Kong Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Hey, I'm in one of Rob's pictures!

Last year was my first Blade too, and it was everything people say and more. Great times, great knives, met some great people, drank some great beer. Can't wait to do it again this year!!

13. Tom Kanik

Tom Kanik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2003
    Every knife fan should make it to Blade at least once in their life!!!:thumbup::D:thumbup:

14. M67

M67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 17, 2010
    What to expect?

Lots of knives, lots of good food, and lots of beer, LOTS of beer.

15. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    and then every year after. :D

16. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Damn straight!

[​IMG]

Except for this year :(

17. ponte

ponte

Feb 7, 2008
    A whole lot of awesomeness, more cool blades that you can imagine, very cool, like minded folks and when it's all said and done.....EMPTY POCKETS! :D