What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Off to work with a new #66 in my pocket. A quick cell phone photo until I can get a chance for something better. Have a good day! :)
35303610694_b1bdfe8b0d_b_d.jpg

You certainly have a fine variety of impressive stag, Pt-Luso! :cool::thumbsup:

Yes indeed I am lucky enough to have a good variety of stag knives.
By my accounts I have about 21 of the following brands Bulldog, Case, GEC, Parker, Puma, Victorinox and 2 Portuguese !!!

I'm off to see ADEE tomorrow, and have a mooch round his local flea-market ;) Slipping this pair from Cory Hess in my pockets :) :thumbsup:

Have a good visit, Jack. :) That Wharncliffe from Cory is shapely and cool! :thumbsup:

Old Winchester barlow today...

s5YpuLg.jpg
Amazing Winchester, Atiger! :thumbsup::thumbsup: By my admittedly questionable count, that's voluptuous vintage Barlow #547 from you! :cool:;)

Another beauty, Gary!
By my side this afternoon, a favorite TC.

Thanks, Dean; Rough Rider has an entry in the copper bolsters market now. :thumbsup:
Terrific Coloration on your sheepsfoot TC!! :cool::thumbsup:

LOL! I better not wear the hat when I go over to Huddersfield to see ADEE, I don't want to get chased around the market by West Yorkshire grannies! :D Thanks for the information my friend, those are 3 classics with you today :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) Wearing your hat would have put you on the cutting edge of exercise. I think I read somewhere that being chased by West Yorkshire grannies is expected to be the next big thing, making hot yoga a thing of the past! :D

You look like your bags are packed. Do we leave tonight :)
Money!! :D:D It's nice to have someone recognize my occasional lyrical references to the oldies, Gev! (Actually, I have to admit that my students are more likely to know "my music" than I am to know theirs. :rolleyes:)

Thanks Gary!
The shield sealed the deal :cool:. <--- Say that three times fast :p.

Never a dull m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ week. :thumbsup::D
I can agree with the thought you expressed, but I can't say it repeatedly. :(

This one is with me today.View attachment 739556
Every time I see one of those New Day TC Barlows, I wonder why spey blades don't get more respect! Gorgeous knife, MJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today it was my old TEW again . I really like this old knife for an EDC . Using old pictures again .

Harry
Lot to like about that two-blade TEW, Harry: blade/tang stamps, handle shape, sheep/pen combo, worm grooves, rattail bolster! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Today is 22 of 33 consecutive days carrying my #66.

These are fun numbers, I think. Not only do they put me 2/3 of the way through the project, but if you "multiply" 22 and 33 digit-wise, you get 66. ;)

Lest our resident math professor 5K Qs 5K Qs think I'm not taking the math seriously, I'll also note that if you combine the prime factors of 22 (2 and 11) and the prime factors of 33 (3 and 11) and toss out the extra 11, you get the prime factors of 66 (2, 3, and 11).

How'd I do, GT? ;) :D

u7CHJzth.jpg
Cool photo of your knife (the shield is outstanding :thumbsup:), Greg, and I'm gratified to see you appreciating some of the finer (numerical) things in life! :D Nice example of the algorithm for using prime factorization to identify the Least Common Multiple of a pair of numbers based on the relationship that LCM(a,b) = (a x b) ÷ GCF(a,b). Another thing that I like about your numbers is their palindromicity! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I hope the final third of your calf-roping journey is as enjoyable and enriching as the first two thirds! :cool::thumbsup:

For the last couple of days.
pRshcg3.jpg
That's a jewel, Ted!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 739585
This week I've been carrying this custom dyed (by me) Case Medium Jack - Winterbottom jigged, stainless blades. Originally was "Sunset Winterbottom" but I dyed it to a nice warm chestnut brown.
Impressive dye job, John (and a serious pen blade). :cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 739615 Still rocking my stainless. Birdseye Maple and Blue Camel EDBs. Such wonderful barlows. Still lovin' this SFO Sak - zero blade rub.

I'll be back to carbon soon.
Stellar stainless trio, HST! :cool::thumbsup: Is that USAF SAK a Tinker? (You've got me looking at those! :rolleyes:)

A long Monday with this #68 Pony Jack in my pocket and a new Hemlock Green #66 in the mailbox waiting when I got home. :)
33394160040_553ca7db13_b_d.jpg
Off to work with a new #66 in my pocket. A quick cell phone photo until I can get a chance for something better. Have a good day! :)
35303610694_b1bdfe8b0d_b_d.jpg
Congrats on the new 66, Ron! :cool::thumbsup: That's a notable pair of knives in the past two days!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes indeed I am lucky enough to have a good variety of stag knives.
By my accounts I have about 21 of the following brands Bulldog, Case, GEC, Parker, Puma, Victorinox and 2 Portuguese !!!
Very nice!! Thanks for the inventory, Pt-Luso! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today with a Portuguese knife in stag ....

f1myiw.jpg
That's a distinctive knife!! :thumbsup::cool: I think of it as a Portuguese "canoe" pattern. :rolleyes:

Both scout and "belt hanger" are first-class, Travman! :cool::thumbsup:

Camillus 4 line EO

bJ5mdH3h.jpg
Another venerable beauty, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My Stockman of the Week (and my staggy/horny knife of the week) is a Marbles ram's horn sowbelly stockman:
fxJqT0t.jpg

My Alox of the Week is a Vic Pruner (thanks, Ken):
QQfjyvY.jpg

My Bailed non-SAK of the Week was scheduled to be a Rough Rider camp knife, but that went out last week as a GAW prize, so I substituted this Marbles stainless scout:
deRN9MZ.jpg

- GT

Camillus 4 line EO

bJ5mdH3h.jpg

Wow! That is in incredible condition :thumbsup:

Have a good visit, Jack. :) That Wharncliffe from Cory is shapely and cool! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) Wearing your hat would have put you on the cutting edge of exercise. I think I read somewhere that being chased by West Yorkshire grannies is expected to be the next big thing, making hot yoga a thing of the past! :D

Thanks a lot GT :) LOL! :D :eek: It'd probably burn off more calories than sitting in the pub! :eek: :D :thumbsup: Nice choices today :) :thumbsup:

I've been absent from this forum for around 5 years now (kids in high school and college are keeping me busy) and in that time I carried and rotated the same four knives (Sebenza Insigno, Kerry Hampton trapper, Vic Alox Soldier, and Charles May FireAnT fixed blade) . I just recently saw this small GEC #14 that I had to have as a secondary coin pocket knife. I really like it. GEC makes some quality production traditional knives. With that said, it is in my coin pocket today with the Charles May sheath knife on my belt.
36025823691_ddf03162b8_b.jpg

That TC is smokin hot ! Fantastic photo Dean!!

Thanks, Gev!

Many thanks Dean, beautiful TC :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack!

Thanks Dean!

Your favorites look like favorites. :)
Their patinas tell a story. :cool:

Never a dull m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ week. :thumbsup::D

Thanks, Dee!

Thanks, Dean; Rough Rider has an entry in the copper bolsters market now. :thumbsup:
Terrific Coloration on your sheepsfoot TC!! :cool::thumbsup:

deRN9MZ.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Gary! Nice Marbles scout you have - so shiny!

Back