What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Remington R21 today

jYKznaSh.jpg

Lybjq74h.jpg

This one got pocket time and tape and wire duty yesterday. The job is not done , so back on duty again today.
iQTAmok.jpg

BSbMudt.jpg

SdqFGyp.jpg

Fine companion for shop work. I don't see why anyone would carry anything other than a non clipped traditional working around cars.

What's ya project, Burnt Stag?

Feeling a little better today but still taking it easy. I did go early and clean up the old jalopy for Real Men at church tonight. Having a few cars out front. But my collab is in pocket while I nurse me and my daughter back to full health and waiting on a lockback whittler collab and a Enzo to arrive today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 13
Nice carries today folks!
Something different for me today. 2002 Schrade/Kious "Reverse Congress", 50 year old jigged bone and Norris SS Damascus. SN 783 of 1,000.
Background is my dad's drafting tools. I imagine he bought them right after WWII ended when he was studying for his BSEE at the University of Pittsburgh. He served in the Coast Guard under Navy command in the Pacific Theater. A nice remembrance of him.
q6LpYCe.jpg

LE0Uu60.jpg

Still nursing myself and my daughter back to health. Got up and made it to the mailbox to get these. I hope the leather doesn't affect the ivory micarta. I also got a black Enzo since they cheap. I think I like the flat grind over the convex bark river. But not as strong feeling The collab whittlers edges leave a lot to be desired I'll fix that Friday night at work
nLbTmCT.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot GT :) LOL! :D :eek: It'd probably burn off more calories than sitting in the pub! :eek: :D :thumbsup: Nice choices today :) :thumbsup:
I haven't checked lately, but IIRC, pub-sitting was pretty far down my chart of "calorie-burning activities". ;)
Thanks, Jack.

Laying in bed with the remnants of a stomach virus. ...
View attachment 739722
Hope you're up and around ASAP, Joey! Stomach virus is less than ideal. :thumbsdown: I hope it didn't spoil your beach vacation! :eek:

Love that cross GT :)
Congrats on the new FB, Tom; that looks heavy-duty! :cool: Nice to see the orange Farmer back in your possession! ;)
I REALLY like the old cross Vics, too! :thumbsup:

I've been absent from this forum for around 5 years now .... I just recently saw this small GEC #14 that I had to have as a secondary coin pocket knife. I really like it. ...
36025823691_ddf03162b8_b.jpg
Welcome back, Luciano :) That jigged bone 2-blade 14 is delectable! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary! Nice Marbles scout you have - so shiny!
Thanks, Dean. It certainly is a shiny one, and I should definitely post it in the "show us your stainless steel" thread - can't get much more stainless than that Marbles! ;)

Oily Creek Bone

IMG_20141031_123337_2.jpg
Laudable looks on that one, Dee! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Many thanks Mr. GT, I think it's a bit different from the canoe pattern.
I really love your alox Vic Pruner!!!
In fact I have a very similar ...
23hro83.jpg
Immaculate blue pruner, Pt-Luso! :cool::cool: Like you, I think your lovely single-bladed, single-bolstered stag knife from yesterday is different in many ways from a canoe pattern, but a few of its features remind me of a canoe. ;)

Commendable couple of knives, Dylan!! Rosie looks as smashing as ever, and why do former knives of mine always look better in other folks' photos?? :confused::rolleyes: Don't give a second thought to messing up my rotation. :p Some people might think I'm some kind of routine-bound robot because I like my rotation schedule, but the "missing knife situation" gives me the opportunity to demonstrate that I can think on my feet, react and recover, go with the flow, creatively solve problems, and any other similar cliches you humanoids enjoy bandying about! :D:D

Dynamite duo, KrisNZ; both knife and cap are top-notch! :cool::cool:

Thanks for the compliments on my #66 and #68. :) Your Staggy/Horny knife of the week! :eek::rolleyes:
Oh well Gary! I can't beat that one! :D
Thanks, Ron. My favorite materials for handles are stag and horn, so my current edition of my rotation schedule is set up so that each week I carry at least one example of a knife with stag or horn covers; maybe I can rephrase the way I try to get that point across. ;)

Holy Oxhorn, flatblackcapoman!!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is that a new one? Is it oxhorn, or some exotic buffalo variation? Are you traveling to Sheffield every weekend??? Congrats!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the compliment. And thanks very much for reminding me that my "throw out the extra 11" was dividing by the GCF and that 66 is the LCM of 22 and 33. That's even better than what I'd noticed. :cool:

And, oh yeah, one more: 22 ÷ 33 is 0.66 repeating. See folks, numbers are fun! :thumbsup:

BTW, I really like your Marbles Stainless Scout, GT. I don't think I'd noticed it before.
Greg is a trusted source, everyone, so you can take him at his word: numbers ARE fun (and beautiful, with a cold austere beauty)! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And they're very useful, but that aspect of mathematics doesn't appeal as much to me. It's like traditional folders: my current life really doesn;t require me to USE a pocket knife very often, but I sure do enjoy the aesthetic (and historical/philosophical) aspects of traditional folders! :thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the scout compliment, Greg. Early on, I decided that, for myself, I couldn't justify a very big knife budget, so I stick to the economy approach of trying to pick up inexpensive pseudo-substitutes for more expensive "classics". That Marbles stainless camp knife is my "low-ball" version of a Camillus military "demo" knife. ;)

I'm carrying double ebony today ;) :thumbsup:

Jack, your ebony pair definitely beats my full house (full pockets), even if poker doesn't work that way. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

New 303. At first I was a bit disappointed because the knife advertised had woodhandles and the (imho) nicer green Buck shield. But I like her anyway...
Buck_303.jpg
Congrats on the Buck Cadet, Jolipapa! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I think that black Valox version with that shield is an American classic! :thumbsup:

Excellent pair, Chin! :thumbsup::cool: But I'll have to beg your pardon and ask if you'd give some details about the lower knife; I seem not to recognize it! :(

This old Empire today...

wms5sIN.jpg
The Empire strikes back with a rich glow of bone, Atiger! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Randy, you're a man of few words in this thread lately! Fantastic Barlow! :cool::thumbsup:

Remington R21 today
Lybjq74h.jpg
Exemplary Remington jack, Steve! :cool:

That venerable Remington stockman is gorgeous, george65! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

hxQPayo.jpg

Burnt Stag
Yowza, I remember the era of incredible fins in the late '50s, but I sure don't remember the Savoy!!:eek::thumbsup: Those are huge fins, but do you really think you NEED that much rubber to hold them up?? :rolleyes::D

Something different for me today. 2002 Schrade/Kious "Reverse Congress", 50 year old jigged bone and Norris SS Damascus. SN 783 of 1,000.
Background is my dad's drafting tools.... A nice remembrance of him.
q6LpYCe.jpg

Gary that reverse congress "with all the fixin's" is just amazing!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Fantastic that you have drafting tools from your dad! :cool::cool:

Dean, there's not much tastier than HOT coco!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

My Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider Ram's Horn Bone:
N9QJ8rK.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a little serpentine Imperial jack that I call the Silver Bullet (thanks, Dave):
ya9Qrif.jpg

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is another naked Imperial (thanks, Mark):
zuVaP0Q.jpg

- GT

Holy Oxhorn, flatblackcapoman!!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is that a new one? Is it oxhorn, or some exotic buffalo variation? Are you traveling to Sheffield every weekend??? Congrats!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you, sir. It is oxhorn, Gary. I haven't been traveling to Sheffield , unfortunately. I hope to one day though.

Rosie was with me again today, as I expect she will be on a very regular basis.

w40Tm7l.jpg
Cool pic! :thumbsup:

36126362786_c5afdeb5fd_h.jpg

Immaculate blue pruner, Pt-Luso! :cool::cool: Like you, I think your lovely single-bladed, single-bolstered stag knife from yesterday is different in many ways from a canoe pattern, but a few of its features remind me of a canoe. ;)

Yes, I agree with you.

Back